Restore accidentally deleted item?

Seems a little odd that it is so easy to accidentally delete an item permanently when you are merely trying to update the preview images. Is there a way to restore it quickly without having to re-upload everything?

Contact Support.

saptarang said

Contact Support.

Thank you! …So does that mean I should take it out of the queue since I re-uploaded it?

egobuilders said
saptarang said

Contact Support.

Thank you! …So does that mean I should take it out of the queue since I re-uploaded it?

I just answered my own question. Deleting from the queue now, I’ll let Support handle it. Thanks! …I’m going to sleep now, like I should have done a few hours ago.

I think so. I have requested staff reply here so wait for them :slight_smile:

saptarang said

I think so. I have requested staff reply here so wait for them :slight_smile:

I beat you to it : ) Already deleted from the upload queue…

It just didn’t “feel” right to re-upload it anyway. I’m sure they have a magic “Restore” but for geniuses like me.

I think you will need to re-upload it with a message to a reviewer as they do not keep data. Also need to contact with support, as it was previously approved and deleting and resubmitting item is not allowed.

The item has been undeleted and its current state is soft disabled, please make the necessary adjustments, update and resubmit.

Ivor said

The item has been undeleted and its current state is soft disabled, please make the necessary adjustments, update and resubmit.

@Ivor - Thank you so much! You and ThemeForest support RÜLE ! ! ! It’s back on the market again.

On a side note, why doesn’t ThemeForest (Envato) move the Delete Permanently option to it’s own tab or just put it somewhere less trip-overable? I have an ulcer now LOL!

tansh said

I think you will need to re-upload it with a message to a reviewer as they do not keep data. Also need to contact with support, as it was previously approved and deleting and resubmitting item is not allowed.

@tansh - Thank you for your help, seems that submitting a support ticket and not uploading it was the way to go. I appreciate your time! And cool 80x80 icon by the way : )

egobuilders said

@tansh - Thank you for your help, seems that submitting a support ticket and not uploading it was the way to go. I appreciate your time! And cool 80x80 icon by the way : )

Thanks. Was in quite similar situation 2 years ago, Ivor rescued me and here he is again :slight_smile: .

So how long do deleted items stay on the Envato servers? I’d be interested to know more details about this, as I always thought that once an item had been deleted, it had gone for good.

I have gone through the same issue , please help me out. …