Replace old theme easily

I"m looking to replace a theme called “Challenge” which was an old WhoaTheme, now causing issues. Anyone any ideas for a similar one that might save me a complete rebuild?
Current site
Thanks.

@rizingtide
It all depends on how much custom built parts are included. Your existing website seems to be very basic and it sounds good right now in case you would like to change your theme.

First I suggest to go to Appearance > Themes in WordPress dashboard and click on theme Twenty Nineteen PREVIEV. In case it looks all fine in generally, then you are ok to go ahead with any WP of themes here on ThemeForest, because there are probably no big custom made parts in your current website.

Then I would suggest to set up a test environment with a new WordPress install and using theme Twenty Nineteen already included with fresh WordPress install. Additionally installing some of your existing plugins to the new site might be needed as well.
Then export and import your existing data with core built in WP export/import feature to the new test site.
If you are finished, have a look at the website. In case the structure, the pages, posts look good, then you are a little bit lucky, because not much custom parts are included in your existing website. In this case you should be able to go on with any of the WordPress themes you like here on ThemeForest with the minimum amount of work.
Though adjusting menu, header and footer, home page might be need.
I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thank you and will see how it goes. I know there is work to do!

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help.
I’m about to do some research along the lines you suggest.

Mark

Hello @rizingtide ,

As I can see your main probelm is 12 malware what you have on your site. If you dont clean your site you will get to black list on Google.

You also dont have SSL certificate on your site

Thanks Zacc… I ran Google check and it is clean. What did you run?
Mark

You can see here all details https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.chrisyoungsjoinery.com.au