Releasing my Stock Music on Spotify?

This is all very interesting!

Is Distrokid the best solution if I want to upload to Spotify AND have my tracks Shazam registered?

Yep, I would always go for DistroKid. They are Spotify’s recommended distributor as well I believe.

1 Like

Thanks for answer. But I ask about watermark for that the audio can be captured while listening on spotify, and then can be used without licence

Yes, that could potentially happen. Nothing we can do about it though.

1 Like

You are a genius!

Spotify and other streaming services can become important for indie musician but it’s a tough grind and there are no guarantees. Depends a lot on the genre / style and how to find your listener base. I’d say that stock music is not the most reasonable music to “make it” on Spotify. I currently focus on Spotify myself, haven’t uploaded anything for AJ for a long time and these days I finally get way more income from Spotify than stock music places, so it can be worth it. It also tends to work better in long term value as the basic streaming level you reach tends to stay the same even when you do not publish new material that often. Currently I get about 55,000 streams each day from my projects which is pretty good level to be at. Going to work towards getting it to 100,000 streams a day in the next few years. For me it has definitely been the right thing to focus on.

14 Likes

I was wondering, is it possible to send some tracks from AJ to Spotify and change their names?
I am not proud of some of them titles :pray: :disappointed:

Yes, using boring tags-titles on Spotify is not the best for your listeners

2 Likes

Ciao Luca, thanks. I was wondering if it was “legal” to have them here with one name and in Spotify with another but now that I read you and I say it out loud it sounds silly and obvious. :stuck_out_tongue: Grazie!

The only thing you want to avoid if you are exclusive on AJ is making sure you opt out for sync licensing opportunities with the aggregator/distributor. CdBaby has that option, not sure about the others.

1 Like

Thanks man, I am pretty confident in that department as I work with 2 distributors and they are so awful that they don’t even have sync licensing neither CID.

2 Likes

As long as you own the copyright you should be fine to upload whatever you like.