Releasing already existing albums also via AJ?

Hi there AJ People,

I have a question that I am sure it has been somehow already answered somewhere in the depths of the forum, but I could’t find a 100% straight-ahead answer so far. Thus, I just want to be on the safe side before doing the next step…

I have several music projects going on, and with one of them I have around 15 releases on international record labels, but also 5 self-released EPs (3 of them just via bandcamp, 2 through CDBaby and therefore available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc… + registered via ADrev in Youtube).

I know that it is possible to sell variations of your AJ songs now also on iTunes, but:
.) Is it also allowed to sell your iTunes music on AJ? (Simply the other way around, or is there some bureaucracy causing problems then)?
.) What if the original piece is already perfect in its version as it is to get the most likely sales? Is a variation really neccessary or has this other reasons (e.g.: Some algorythm can understand the variation better as the Audiojungle track?

Anyone here on AJ who have done it the other way around? (First album release -> then also release via AJ?)
I’d like to hear your stories!! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best,
Seven

Hi Seven,

There is nothing that says you have to first upload to AJ before submitting to personal listening platforms. So you can indeed bring your “itunes” music to AJ.

The only thing you have to keep in mind (whether your music was first submitted to AJ or for personal listening), is you have to make sure that:

• If you use one of these services to register your music with a P.R.O., you must update your AudioJungle account with this P.R.O. information immediately. Please see this help article for more information and considerations before joining a P.R.O.
  • If you are an exclusive author, you must not opt-in to any music publishing/licensing services that these aggregators may offer.
  • You may not use any aggregators that require participation in these additional services.

You also need to make you’ll be able to clear AdRev claims quickly (ie, directly with AdRev) when needed.

As for the variations, I think there is a misunderstanding there. You don’t have to produce a variation to your track to submit to AJ (or the other way around, depending on which), you can submit your track as is. If it’s already perfect, no need to change! :wink:

3 Likes

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the detailed reply! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for! :slight_smile:

1 Like