Rejection - please help

Hello. I’m trying to understand how I can get better, but “This item does not meet the general commercial quality standard…” is not helping much. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

hello, the panoramic effect of the violins from left to right may have something to do with it.
But that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Thank you! They don’t pan from left to right, it is jut one group of violas/violins on half left and one on half right. But you may be right, ostinatos being pretty busy, they may create the feel of panning.

1 Like

Hi, boring and too monotonous, no evolution or modulation and way too long.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Hi,

• too monotonous, the whole song the same chord progression
  • ostinato strings are too loud. Compared to the horns, they have no reverb.
  • drum library should be changed to a better one
  • too much Piatti/Cymbals
  • Tubular Bells o not fit to the song and used too often and give the impression of a Christmas song
  • overall mix and gain staging is bad

The real orchestra violins always on the left and basses on the right. You may want to alter the arrangement (eg right side notes for lower strings) or make it clearly that they are NOT the real strings. The patten repeat is a little too long for me, may be more variations. The creative idea is great. good works.

Hope this helped.

LJ

Thank you.

Thank you very much, really helpful!

On the mix side:

-Everything is really dry. You need a hall reverb.
-Strings lack definition. Add hi mid and treble to them.
-French horns are too low a bit in level and strings too hi a bit. It would make more sense that the melodic instruments being a bit more in front than the rhythmic part.
-For that kind of powerful epic track you need enough sub and bass. Your low drum could have more sub energy to it and if you have contrabasses in your arrangement (I don’t hear anything on the lower octave), more warmth (80-160 hz).
-Cymbals are too muffled.

Overall it don’t sounds mixed.

I hope it helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you.