Rejected this modern design - Need review please

item-feedback

Hi everyone.

I designed this layout and received feedback that is:

Your theme does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality themes become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of themes with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

However, we do accept themes with similar structure but in condition it provides better quality in terms of aesthetic or features.

design link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a_smGCp8SortMQeXziqc5cYscpm8d8_6

May I get review what exactly i need to improve? is this design looks out of date?

looking for help,

thanks!

@darshanr your template should not be rejected but if they did already, you need to check the things. Design is good. Some more design pattern can be integrate inducing some animation, remove negative spaces, responsive design cross check with all famous browsers.

Thanks Coreblue,
Let me double check with spacing and responsive. I believe design is not out dated so its not point right?
and may be need to add some more section?

Thank you so much for addressing me points.

hi,
Anyone can point out more detail about this issue? I really need help and as much review as possible because this is back to back reject for many themes and we loosing hope…

I’m not a theme creator, but have some graphic suggestions from an end user pov.

The head banner, separators (the main color separator between different parts of your page, which is basically the title of that section) and footer should all be the same height. The top banner should be a slider of images or video. They should all have background images, like v16 has, although the top banner can be a light version and the others a ‘dark’ version.

I would expect a few more separators for different sections on the page since it looks like a one-page website. I am assuming that the links in the header scroll down to each section.

The top and bottom footer should not have additional white space below it. You could start and end with a solid dark color, which can hold links or copyright notice.

Each version you present has different elements, like v7 has a ‘recent news’ but you don’t include it on v16, etc. Being more inclusive in my mind is better, so your submission should have all elements like ‘meet our experts,’ ‘recent news’ ‘map’ ‘our recent works’ etc. keeping in mind that the white background for each of these area should be a square or some consistent spacing.

What Client’s Say (not ‘what client says’) should have arrows on each side that stay in the same spot (I assume you can click on a client’s face to view the next recommendation).

Latest Blog Posts (not ‘latest blogs’ which doesn’t make sense).

I like the color scheme, and even the sunset orange on v9 that maybe you could use for your ‘our experts’ since that element spans from edge to edge (and you wouldn’t want this to be confused with a separator).

On v9 you have client logo’s but not a title for this section? You need a title.

Any title that says ‘Recent Works’ or ‘Recent News’ ‘Contact Us Today’ is a category and should have a banner separator along with a link at the top/bottom of the page.

Below the top banner image, you should have an intro, services offered, example projects (?), client testimonials, client list, staff, how we work video, contact form, map, etc., and footer with contact information. v9 footer is good except it doesn’t have an image and has a white bar at the bottom that serves no purpose.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

very nice and detailed description, this all points help me a lot.
thank you so much for your attention and help.