Rejected Hip Hop, I need some feedback

Hi, what do you think about this hip hop track https://soundcloud.com/user-623519037/hip-hop/s-rLPk0
I need some advice on how I could improve

IĀ“m in the streets with earphones so i cant be more specific, i think there is a sample out of tempo.

2 Likes

The piano seems to be out of sync like @Manriquedelara said. Itā€™s also a bit too repetitive and there is al lack of lower frequencies in my oppinion.

1 Like

I agree with what has been said.
Listening with headphones I have a strange ā€œphasingā€ feeling, something wierd with the stereo in the medium / low frequencies, but it might be me.

But yes, the lack of bass is a real problem to me. Or if you donā€™t use a powerful bass, then use a bass heavy kick.

1 Like

Thank you all very much, @Manriquedelara @FOXYAudio @frozenjazz! I donā€™t know about the pianoā€¦ maybe itā€™s the guitar? I donā€™t really hear it and i quantized most of the audio and midi.

The missing lows jumped out on me, listening on my monitors again.

Thank you!

1 Like

I agree the bass line is weak. It has some nice elements though. Some nice jazzy parts that work well. I like some of the piano runs and thereā€™s good variation and changes in instrumentation. The timing is perhaps a little on the ā€˜laid backā€™ side, but I donā€™t mind it.

The main issue with this for me is that thereā€™s only one chord progression throughout the entire track. It doesnā€™t lead anywhere and after 50s Iā€™m waiting for a hook that never comes.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Iā€™ll keep that in mind the next time I write a track like that and Iā€™ll analyze some of the top sellers, considering your ideas!

I love people are so helpful and nice here on the forums!