Rejected 5 tracks again (30.01.2019) tell me Why?

Hello.
Audiojungle rejected 5 tracks again (30.01.2019) Please tell me Why?

[Corrected: “Feliz Navidad” removed from all points of sale / 0 of sales of this track for all time]

Listen to at least these 2 of my tracks and tell your opinion:

Thanks in advance!

José Feliciano might know the reason why one of the songs was rejected!

2 Likes

I indicated in the description that the original song was written in 1970 by the Puerto Rican singer and songwriter José Feliciano.
And also there it’s indicated that this my track is Instrumental Cover.
If you specify that the track is Cover version by original artist, then, as far as I know, no rights are required to acquire.

[Corrected: “Feliz Navidad” removed from all points of sale / 0 of sales of this track for all time]

Thank you.

Well, you’re wrong (and P5 too, or so it seems). Selling copyrighted music is illegal. Just think about it a minute… the guy wouldn’t receive a cent for his creative work.

Frosty the Snowman, Feliz Navidad, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc. Those are not in the public domain (at least, last time I checked).

That said, many other Christmas/New year songs are. To stay on the safe side, I suggest to get the habit of double-checking each track status that you plan to cover. That could prevent a lot of problems further down the line. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, you are in dangerous territory now. Licensing covers? No, no, no. Again, no.

Anyone can MAKE a cover and sell on Spotify (with the right license and royalties to the songwriters) for listening purposes, but licensing is a whole different thing. You can get in a lot of legal trouble.

As for the quality of the tracks, well, they would need a lot of work to be accepted here. The sounds, playing, mixing, mastering. Everything needs to be improved quite a bit. But just keep going, make more music.

And don’t license covers (unless they’re public domain). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol. This sounds like Youtubers telling us they can use our music as long as they credit us.

If you want to sell music licenses, you may want to get more familiar with copyrights and legal matter.

As for your question as to why these didn’t pass review:

-First track: The mix is unbalance, some instruments are way to upfont. The low-end is not pronounced enough. Instruments sounds out-dated.
-Second track: AJ usually does not accept single instrument tracks. The piano doesn’t sound full enough, and is too harsh.
-Third track: cover, big no no. You are supposed to sell your music on here. Or public domain music, if you’re lazy.

Anyway, P5 are crazy to have accepted your third submission. This shows the level of quality of this platform.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the tip!
I corrected this misunderstanding on my part. :grimacing:
“Feliz Navidad” removed from all points of sale and is available only for listening.
I did not think that I would be happy that the track had not been bought at all. :slightly_smiling_face:
All the best & Good Luck to you! :four_leaf_clover:

Thank you so much for all the tips!
I corrected this misunderstanding on my part. :grimacing:
“Feliz Navidad” removed from all points of sale and is available only for listening.
I did not think that I would be happy that the track had not been bought at all. :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for the help!
I’ll keep it on mind.

Good move. :wink:

Continue to make music and at some point in time, you should discover what works and what don’t. Reading about the ins and outs of the royalty free business/music craft would probably also be helpful. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like