Reject(( I have a complete shock....

First of all, you need to learn how to accept idea of rejection of your work. Hint: do not accept it personal. Second - please, respect those who review your work. It happens time after time with some of us, and i glad qulaity bar is raised higher then in the past, and need to be raised even high.

3 Likes

Drums are better in this one, but they are still too ā€œup frontā€ to me. They need to be tucked back in the mix a bit, and I think some well controlled reverb would be a good way of achieving this. I like the beat, it just sounds like the drums arenā€™t mixed well enough with the rest of the track. Again, my opinion, my taste.

Just fix the strings maestro and it should be all good :slight_smile: I liked your track, specially the piano part :slight_smile:

Strings are tough and a struggle, but if it works really great. Think your track deserves a place after fixing it. But stay positive!

Just fix the part starting at 1:10. Try using gentle staccato doublets instead, itā€™s gonna sound great. They canā€™t just accept a piece because itā€™s magnificent overall and forgive you those in-the-face volume alterations. Youā€™re setting a high bar with the intro and then just apply volume automation all of a sudden? It will never work like this. Also, the website is full of old mediocre quality items because they used to have lower quality standards in the past. They canā€™t just delete all those items, because they already generate a decent amount of revenue. Fix the strings, re-submit. Nothing is wrong with that, it will only make the piece even better. Donā€™t take it too emotional, AJ isnā€™t the holy grail of production music, but it sure is a nice place to get some money quickly.

1 Like

I like your style of writing, but the production on this isnā€™t really there. The samples sound thin and unconvincing, and the percussion is consistently too loud of my taste. I like your use of interesting harmonies, but the textures used to express them-- like the string ostinati and arpeggiation-- are a bit repetitive and I donā€™t feel like youā€™re switching between them in an intentional way-- it sounds a bit random to my ears.

I mean overall its a good piece, and I enjoyed listening to it, but the commercial viability of this kind of thin, obviously synthesized sound is extremely limited. For every track AJ approves, theyā€™re discovery process gets a little bit harder, so tracks like this donā€™t always make the cut.

3 Likes

Honestly at this point I have a complete shock whenever I can get a track accepted. :smile:

2 Likes

I noticed that they donā€™t like dissonance and you have a lot of that in opening bars. Later on strings are too synthetic in places and since the song started as if it was going to be a proper emulation of classical orchestra it was a little out of place.

I have nothing to do with music here on Envato or anywhere else, and this is first AJ track that Iā€™ve listened toā€¦ I think there are two styles in this track that donā€™t go together so well - it starts quite mistically and then at 0:48 just turns into classic ā€œdrone goes over the amazing landscapeā€ type of track. :grin:

Or maybe thatā€™s just me.

Who else would it be? :slight_smile:

Your music is interesting and has quality. Your attitude is maybe a bit confrontational but hey that is up to you. You may consider that you might be antagonising the reviewers if you keep resubmitting the same hard rejected tracks?

Hi. your work is great, but needs improvement (like the strings in the first song).
Your attitude is not great, it also needs improvementā€¦

Ask for feedback and be humble. Thank those who take time to listen and write down feedback in their spare time (you have not done this once, instead itā€™s ā€œoh yeah? show me where the strings sound unnatural?ā€ and ā€œThey accept garbage, but not my work?ā€)

Reviewers were right in both cases (in my humble opinion) but perhaps a soft reject was in order to work out some of those rough patchesā€¦ the thing is, thatā€™s not up to me luckily. But calling them unqualified and unprofessional is another no-no and will not help you in any way besides frustrating yourself.

Iā€™ve had my moments with the reviewers, but to call them unprofessional and unqualified is not cool. Iā€™m not saying that theyā€™re perfect or donā€™t make mistakes though. Your music has a nice vibe to it Donā€™t get discouraged.

2 Likes

Cinematic Space has great potential but only if you decided to change it and make the 1ā€™36" mark as the new beginning of the track, and build the rest of the track around it. That would definitely get a pass. Sounds great that part.

I think, your drums in the track does not fit to the strings arrangment

Hi. Redid the drums. How do you think will accept?

https://soundcloud.com/digitalsoundstudio/inspirational

I read somewhere that the reviewers donā€™t like music with a lot of dissonance, so perhaps thatā€™s their problem with Cinematic Spaceā€¦ I like Inspirational with the drum and bass beat. :smile:

i like you item and i can understand your frustration and the fact that u maybe mad, however , this is not the way, try to think about it, if a guy pointed at your work, i guess u would not like it. U have to understand that here this is a community and that for that matter despite thereā€™s sort of a competition between people , the great majority do act as if there was. Yes there are some inconstancies in the control system, this is not perfect but this is not authors fault anyway and nor is this reviewersā€™ fault either they have too much to deal with and do not have the possibility to have a general overview of whatā€™s accepted and whatā€™s not daily and same goes from one day to the other. Your work is good in my view and u could not make it , i am sad for you, just try to come up with something even better than thereā€™s no way people can possibly even imagine rejecting , thatā€™s all u can possibly do ā€¦

hi we all have experienced somethign strange sometimes and even something that we have considered as unfair at a time, and despite this is frustrating and also sometimes hurting, we all need to move on, thatā€™s what some people fail to realize

Melody is nice but the drums are not good, makes the track sound cheap. If you must use drums then I would use a timpani with lots of reverb on it.