Regular license sufficient? Created band log. Can the band use it now for different items?

Good morning dear people at envato!

I have recently bought a graphic file (regular license) and used it to make a logo for a heavy metal band. The band os a hobby project and not commercial. The musicians do cover songs and only play in their free time and occasionally on local events, free of charge.

Now the would love to put the logo on the drummer’s base drum and stitch it on their jackets. Of course these items will never be offered for selling. So no money is being made.

Can they do this? Or do I need another license to be allowed to do this. I made their band logo free of charge also.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!

Best regards

Mark :slight_smile:

You can’t use any Envato items in the creation of a logo… unless it’s an actual logo file with a logo license. Then you can do whatever you want with the finished logo… add it to products, sell those products etc. The only exception is you can’t register the logo as a copyrighted/trademarked design.

Sounds like you might need to head back to the drawing board.

1 Like

Thank you very much, SSF. Your response is highly appreciated! Doesn’t it make any difference, as this is for a music band only and not for a commercial company?
What can I do if I want to use exactly this graphic as the band’s logo? :slight_smile:

1. You can’t use an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.

No exceptions from what I can see. If the author is exclusive then there are no alternatives, you just can’t use it. If they’re non-exclusive, then you can always contact the author and see if they can provide you with a license which will allow for logo use.

1 Like