Over 6 days ago I purchased an extremely buggy, poorly documented, poorly maintained template by Vergatheme, Sports Cup - Bootstrap 3 Sporting WordPress Theme. I had to request a refund within 48 hours of purchase because of the following:
- Massively out of date documentation,
- Demo import scripts import less content than shown on original demo,
- The icons are missing from template elements on the backend control panel (Gallery/Events/Experts/Team/Players/Locations),
- No supplied plugin etc included to generate the site sliders even though the demo openly shows the site with sliders operating,
- Despite contacting the template author via the Comments section of the template, the Contact the Author section of the Author’s Profile and directly emailing the Author via firstname.lastname@example.org all over a 2-day period there has been absolutely no response or communication from the Author whatsoever. This is unacceptable and is halting development works on a client’s project.
Despite requesting a refund within the prescribed manner the Author has made no attempt to contact me and despite Themeforest’s very own service level agreements, no button has appeared to ‘Dispute Refund’; which is what is meant to happen if a refund request goes unanswered for 5 days. We are now in Day 6 since raising this dispute.
What the hell is going on? How come the massive breakdown in communications from Themeforest whom are normally pretty awesome to deal with? This is holding up development on a client’s site and needless to say this is completely unacceptable. Is there a way to contact Themeforest about this other than the email link they provided me?