Recommended plugins admin notification

The theme I am using has a list of recommended plugins which I do not want to use. How can I get rid of the nag admin notification asking me to install them. They are not necessary for the theme to function.

If it’s recommended plugins, you can just ignore it. ( dismiss )

I have tried to dismiss it, but next time I login, it is back again. Is that normal?

Probably cookie issue on your computer/browser.
Once you dismissed the information, it shouldn’t come back again

Thanks for your help.

#1 and #2 are not available options.
#3 is my preferred option, but it didn’t work. This is the code I added to child functions.php

function remove_theme_recommendations() {
        remove_action('admin_notices', 'propharm_enovathemes_register_required_plugins');
    }
    add_action('admin_init', 'remove_theme_recommendations');

#4 could be a good option, but I don’t think the parent function is plugable. See (below) parent theme function that generates the NAG. I would like to know if theme author has implemented this code properly? Can you tell why my function above didn’t work?

#5 is my last resort.

/* begin parent theme code */
/* TGM
---------------*/

add_action( 'tgmpa_register', 'propharm_enovathemes_register_required_plugins' );
    function propharm_enovathemes_register_required_plugins() {

$plugins = array(

array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Contact Form 7', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'contact-form-7',
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Safe SVG', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'safe-svg',
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('One Click Demo Import', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'one-click-demo-import',
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Envato market master', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'envato-market',
                'source'    => get_template_directory() . '/plugins/envato-market.zip',
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('WPBakery Visual Composer', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'js_composer',
                'source'    => get_template_directory() . '/plugins/js_composer.zip',
                'required'  => true,
                'version'   => '7.0'
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Revolution slider', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'revslider',
                'source'    => get_template_directory() . '/plugins/revslider.zip',
                'version'   => '6.6.16'
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Enovathemes add-ons', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'enovathemes-addons',
                'source'    => get_template_directory() . '/plugins/enovathemes-addons.zip',
                'required'  => true,
                'version'   => '1.7'
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Regenerate Thumbnails', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'regenerate-thumbnails',
                'required'  => true,
                'dismissable' => true
            ),
            array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('WooCommerce', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'woocommerce',
                'required'  => true,
                'dismissable' => true
            ),

);

if (class_exists('Woocommerce')) {
            $plugins[] = array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Variation Swatches for WooCommerce', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'variation-swatches-for-woocommerce',
            );
            $plugins[] = array(
                'name'      => esc_html__('Currency Switcher for WooCommerce', 'propharm'),
                'slug'      => 'currency-switcher-woocommerce',
            );
        }

$config = array(
            'id'                => 'propharm',
            'default_path'      => '',                          // Default absolute path to pre-packaged plugins
            'parent_slug'       => 'themes.php',                // Default parent menu slug
            'capability'        => 'edit_theme_options',
            'menu'              => 'install-required-plugins',  // Menu slug
            'has_notices'       => true,                        // Show admin notices or not
            'dismissable'       => false,
            'is_automatic'      => false,                       // Automatically activate plugins after installation or not
            'message'           => '',                          // Message to output right before the plugins table
            'strings'           => array(
                'page_title'                                => esc_html__( 'Install Required Plugins', 'propharm' ),
                'menu_title'                                => esc_html__( 'Install Plugins', 'propharm' ),
                'installing'                                => esc_html__( 'Installing Plugin: %s', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name
                'oops'                                      => esc_html__( 'Something went wrong with the plugin API.', 'propharm' ),
                'notice_can_install_required'               => _n_noop( 'This theme requires the following plugin: %1$s.', 'This theme requires the following plugins: %1$s.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_can_install_recommended'            => _n_noop( 'This theme recommends the following plugin: %1$s.', 'This theme recommends the following plugins: %1$s.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_cannot_install'                     => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to install the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin installed.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to install the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins installed.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_can_activate_required'              => _n_noop( 'The following required plugin is currently inactive: %1$s.', 'The following required plugins are currently inactive: %1$s.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_can_activate_recommended'           => _n_noop( 'The following recommended plugin is currently inactive: %1$s.', 'The following recommended plugins are currently inactive: %1$s.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_cannot_activate'                    => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to activate the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin activated.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to activate the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins activated.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_ask_to_update'                      => _n_noop( 'The following plugin needs to be updated to its latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: %1$s.', 'The following plugins need to be updated to their latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: %1$s.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'notice_cannot_update'                      => _n_noop( 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to update the %s plugin. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugin updated.', 'Sorry, but you do not have the correct permissions to update the %s plugins. Contact the administrator of this site for help on getting the plugins updated.', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = plugin name(s)
                'install_link'                              => _n_noop( 'Begin installing plugin', 'Begin installing plugins', 'propharm' ),
                'activate_link'                             => _n_noop( 'Activate installed plugin', 'Activate installed plugins', 'propharm' ),
                'return'                                    => esc_html__( 'Return to Required Plugins Installer', 'propharm' ),
                'plugin_activated'                          => esc_html__( 'Plugin activated successfully.', 'propharm' ),
                'complete'                                  => esc_html__( 'All plugins installed and activated successfully. %s', 'propharm' ), // %1$s = dashboard link
                'nag_type'                                  => 'updated' // Determines admin notice type - can only be 'updated' or 'error'
            )
        );

tgmpa( $plugins, $config );

}

There should be a file where the plugins are defined such as:

array(
‘name’ => esc_html__(‘Contact Form 7’, ‘propharm’),
‘slug’ => ‘contact-form-7’,
),

If you can find that file, you can empty it ( do not delete ). If you don’t know where it is, you can try to empty the class-tgm-plugin-activation.php file.

One of should work.

I know where it is in the parent theme, but if I edit it, it will just be overwritten by theme updates.

That’s the thing you may need to do it again.