Received a Copyright Notice Regarding an Envato Theme- Scam or Not?

I purchased the Juristic Theme and have a live site running for a client. Today, I received the following- Looking for info on whether this is true or not WITHOUT clicking on a suspicious link:

Message Body:
Hi!

My name is Ashley.

Your website or a website that your organization hosts is infringing on a copyright-protected images owned by me personally.

Check out this document with the URLs to my images you used at xlppllc.com and my previous publication to get the evidence of my copyrights.

Download it now and check this out for yourself:

https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/folder-77e30.appspot.com/o/shared%2Ffile-dkvj83yfbki.html?alt=media&token=99fe93b2-c262-4d87-a929-fd2a35911c91&fileID=616663245944399272

I believe that you deliberately violated my legal rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could possibly be liable for statutory damages as high as $130,000 as set-forth in Sec. 504 (c)(2) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) therein.

This letter is official notification. I seek the elimination of the infringing materials referenced above. Please take note as a service provider, the Dmca requires you, to remove or/and terminate access to the infringing materials upon receipt of this particular notice. In case you don’t stop the use of the above mentioned copyrighted materials a court action can be commenced against you.

I have a good faith belief that utilization of the copyrighted materials referenced above as presumably infringing is not approved by the copyright owner, its agent, or the laws.

I declare, under consequence of perjury, that the information in this message is correct and that I am currently the copyright proprietor or am authorized to act on behalf of the proprietor of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Regards,
Ashley Bailey

06/11/2021

This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Juristic - Law WordPress Theme (http://juristic.themegeniuslab.com)

Hi @a_bryant,

You should contact the Juristic theme author about this:

Thanks

That was my first thought- and I attempted to do this, but no longer have access to support. The system says I’m still allowed to provide comments, but then doesn’t allow those either. So I hit the forums :slight_smile:

Just reply them that you have purchased the theme and the images come with it. To report the copyright issue, they need to contact the theme author instead of you.

You can post a comment here:

Also write email to theme author through author profile page Contact Form.

We are not a lawyer so cannot offer legal advice but try Googling some of the content of that message, such as the last couple of paragraphs, and you will see several links, including one from Techlicious which might cast some clarity.

Do NOT download, or try opening that file

Also, the English is diabolical and not any kind of official standard.

This all said - it is still sensible as @mgscoder and @ki-themes said to alert the author and potentially Envato Envato Market Help and Support