Reasons for returning the product

Hello! Please tell us how to find out the reason for returning an item that I recently sold? The “Refunds” tab is empty, but the payment for the product was returned to the buyer.

Was it a “reversal”? Reversals can happen for a number of reasons, and there isn’t really anything we can do about it.

Why do I need the "Refunds"tab? It’s empty now. Should there be at least some information about the refund, or is it not necessary?

Reversals are not the same as refunds.

Refunds happen when a buyer is dissatisfied with your item. You would be notified of refund request, which you can then grant or deny. If you deny or ignore it, then the buyer can go to Envato support, which they will then make the decision.

Reversals can happen if the buyers payment does not go through properly, which most of the time is due to their bank account, card supplier, etc. It can also happen when a buyer asks their bank to reverse the payment. Envato gives you a sort of credit for each of your item purchases as soon as it’s purchased, but if they don’t receive the money from the buyer then they will take back the credit that was given to you.

A lot of the time reversals are honest mistakes or errors, but sometimes they can be the result of someone with malicious intent. I believe if a buyer account causes too many reversals then they are banned, but unfortunately I think that’s all that can be done.

2 Likes

yeah and none of these should exist … there is no way to control that people are not using the item that they could get without really buying in the end …

thank you for your detailed response. Now I understand more. But I would very much like to know the purpose of the “refunds” tab. If the customer didn’t like the product and decided to return it, will there be any information there? And what is displayed there at all.

Yes, if someone requests a refund, it will appear under the “Refunds” tab.

Hi @Marakatya,

I think you have received a sale reversale.

A sales reversal occurs when a purchase is reversed by the payment provider (eg. payment gateway or bank) through either a credit card or Paypal account. Reversals are enforced by the payment provider and actioned in accordance with their policies. As an author, your statement will be updated to reflect the reversed transaction. check your statements page.
Sales-Reversal:

Refund request must be under the refund tab/page but in case of sale reversale (unauthorized purchase by fraud customer) just you will get notified by your statements page.

Thanks