Rare photoshop hand tool zoom trick

Every once in a while I manage to activate this feature but then I can’t bing it on again :frowning:

It’s about holding the spacebar to use the hand tool, but holding the mouse button and the mouse in one place for a bit. The document would zoom out, with a rectangle showing where I am, then move the mouse to another region and release: it would zoom in to that new location. It’s like a hybrid between the navigator window, the zoom tool, the hand tool and the animated hardware accelerated scrubby zoom. It’s something like ctrl+spacebar and holding the mouse, but better.

What is this?

Instead of holding mouse and waiting you can press “H” key which will directly show rectangle

Ah that’s it, awesome! Thank you thank you! Is this documented somewhere or how should people know?

Firsh said

Ah that’s it, awesome! Thank you thank you! Is this documented somewhere or how should people know?

I learned from a tutorial lol

Moved to Off Topic

mudi said
Firsh said

I learned from a tutorial lol

Could you maybe find the tutorial and post it in the Photoshop Tips thread PLEASE! That thread is like mental gold to noobs like me. Thanks