RAR File

Just bought a theme for Wordpress and Downloaded.

It is an RAR file. Wordpress can only upload a ZIP file.

Huh? So what do I do now please?

Well extract its contents then and move the extracted folder to wp-content/themes folder of your WordPress installation. That should do the trick.
Ok thanks, but how do I do that?

WinZip has undone the file, but what next?

Thanks

Well extract its contents then and move the extracted folder to wp-content/themes folder of your WordPress installation. That should do the trick. Ok thanks, but how do I do that?

WinZip has undone the file, but what next?

Thanks

You need to upload the theme folder to your wp-content/themes directory and activate it from the backend to install it :)

You need to upload the theme folder to your wp-content/themes directory and activate it from the backend to install it

That means nothing to me. How do I access my wp-content/themes directory?

Any Free templates I have tried just upload a Zip and off we go. First time I pay money - crrrrashhhh!

In laymans terms how do I get my $30 to look like a website?

Thanks again.

You need to upload the theme folder to your wp-content/themes directory and activate it from the backend to install it

That means nothing to me. How do I access my wp-content/themes directory?

Any Free templates I have tried just upload a Zip and off we go. First time I pay money - crrrrashhhh!

In laymans terms how do I get my $30 to look like a website?

Thanks again.

You might need this: http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/

Contact the author and ask him to provide you a zip file, or unpak and create yourself a zip file to feed into the wordpress backend. Google for both winrar and winzip if you don’t have those apps. Good luck.

Hi

Fair play to the Author who has now corrected and apologised for the error.

Faith restored!

Hehe it was meeee!! And i have no idea how I managed to get a RAR through the review process, I didnt even realise. But its been updated now :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but, client like you make me want to quit my job.

You don’t know how to upload a file on a server?

How will you manage to use the theme? I mean … if you want a tiny bit of control on stuff, and not be 100% dependant on other people, you should at least learn the most basic stuff ever, like uploading a file on a server.

I’m sorry but the way your message sound is like.

Ok, I paid 30$, wich is LOT and I want a working website NOW.

Not everything will be a 1-click magic trick, sometime you need to figure out stuff.

What about going to Google and type : Upload wordpress theme via FTP.

Don’t you think you would have found the answer? I bet that it would have take less time than come here and ask for it. Plus maybe you would have had a little rewarding feeling of accomplishment … who knows.

Just my 2 cents.

And BTW, free theme are normally less complex than premium theme.

The 1click installation in the admin panel is known to be really bad so when it’s a more complicated theme with tons of options and stuff, sometime it give an error but it is not because of the theme, it’s just because uploading it via the admin panel is not the best way to do it.

Agreed to everything DD said in his first post.

Losing faith because YOU couldn’t get it to work on the first try?

I had users trying to use themes on wordpress.com ?

Hey guys, go easy on him please. These forums are also here for buyers that need a little extra help so try to hold back your judgement. We want buyers to return to ThemeForest having had a positive experience, right? :wink:

woody37, always feel free and welcome to ask whatever questions you may have regardless of how silly you may think it might be. :slight_smile:

I'm sorry but, client like you make me want to quit my job.

How will you manage to use the theme? I mean … if you want a tiny bit of control on stuff, and not be 100% dependant on other people, you should at least learn the most basic stuff ever, like uploading a file on a server.

Not everything will be a 1-click magic trick, sometime you need to figure out stuff.

Don’t you think you would have found the answer? I bet that it would have take less time than come here and ask for it. Plus maybe you would have had a little rewarding feeling of accomplishment … who knows.

Just my 2 cents.

You’re crazy. You bring up a 6 month old thread to complain and go on a rant? Hahahahah! Only Dany Duchaine could do something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm sorry but, client like you make me want to quit my job.

Just my 2 cents.

You’re crazy. You bring up a 6 month old thread to complain and go on a rant? Hahahahah! Only Dany Duchaine could do something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

lol!

Thing is… someone linked me to the post and I never look at the time lol.

LOL! I didn’t even look at the thread date!

herp derp…

Download winrar and extract to your desktop herp…

Ftp it up…