Questions about theme and plugin

Hi All,

I want to ask some questions below, which method can be done for theme / plugin in themeforest / codecanyon:

1. Can I create a licensing system to restrict a user only can activate 1 regular license for only 1 website? So they can’t use 1 regular license on multiple websites.

We would like to create a licensing system like Elementor Pro have, where the user only can activate 1 regular license for only 1 website.

1. We want to create an import demo feature on a WordPress theme, but we store the demo data on our own server. So the user needs to download the import demo data from our server to import the demo. Is this possible?

2. Same as above, We want to include some built-in plugins on our WordPress theme, but we want to store the plugin file on our own server. So the user needs to download the plugin file from our server to install and update the plugin. Is this possible?

Thank you

1. yes, you can. you can check envato api to verify buyer purchase code:
    https://build.envato.com
  2. yes, you can. You can check:

WordPress Theme Requirements:

1. yes, you can. You can check:

WordPress Theme Plugin Requirements:

1 Like

Be careful with these:

• Under certain circumstances, multiple websites could be considered parts of the same end product, meaning such buyers can install the theme on multiple websites with a single license.

• Many buyers install a theme on a test server and production server simultaneously.

Great Comment, Beneficial :+1:

Thanks for all reply.

Previously, I also raised a support ticket to Envato support and they answer is none of three points above would be possible.

Is there Envato staff that can help us to confirm this thing?

Staff don’t answer queries on the forums and if support said it is not possible then that is an official answer

Can anyone tell us if there any terms that make it impossible to implement? or there’s another reason?