Questions about AdRev

Hi fellow AdRev users,

first of all: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! :beers:

I joined AdRev over 8 month ago, and have now some questions about it.

1. I just found a PayPal eMail from November which I didn’t notice or read carefully at that time. It tells me that I received money from AudioMicro (AdRev) and it was correct after checking PayPal.
    Though I didn’t get any notifications about this payment from AdRev. Beside that I can’t find a bill or something like that on the AdRev page. Do I miss something?

2. I’m not sure if all of my earnings until November were paid then. That’s why I’m not sure if the paid money is automatically deducted from the earnings I see on the AdRev page. Is that all income I got or just the money left after payment?

3. I can’t see “when” I uploaded a track.

I hope these are my mistakes.

(EDIT) Sorry, I forgot a question:

4: I have 17 Videos on YouTube with music I uploaded to AdRev. Why AdRev didn’t find even one of them within 8 month?

Thank you very much for your help in advance mates!

Cheers, Udo

Hey Udo, I’m going to try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1. You aren’t missing anything. AdRev doesn’t send out notifications. PayPal emails are the only thing I get as well.

2. The AudioMicro transaction on PayPal should have the details of what was being paid. Adrev pays every quarter. So your November transaction should have the note: "AdRev CID Q2 2016 YT Royalties", which means AdRev paid you for Quarter #2 of 2016 (April, May, and June). You can see what you’ve made per quarter by selecting the quarter in the viewing options on AdRev’s site (Q1 2016, Q2 2016, etc). The total earnings on Adrev’s site doesn’t subtract what they’ve paid you from total earnings, so it’s always the total of what you’ve earned in the time period you’re viewing.

3. I don’t think there is an option for that. I could be wrong, though.

4. Do those videos still have detections on YouTube? AdRev won’t display the detections that have very little views/revenue. That doesn’t mean that they haven’t been detected. It just means the particular video hasn’t made enough for Adrev to display it.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

WOW, thanks very much for your detailed answer.

Found the Q2 and Q3 sums. That helped a lot.

The Videos have rare detections. Not enough to get money out of it. I just wondered. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, buddy! :+1:

1 Like

Hey Udo,

I concur with @MorningLightMusic. Just a precision regarding your fourth question. I have asked AdRev multiple times why my own videos were not being detected anymore.

They gave me various reasons that did not make a lot of sense. They told me that low view videos would not get detected, but as I have videos (not mine) with very low views showing up in my reports, it’s a bit puzzling.

Then they told me that ContentID has a special policy for royalty-free music, where they were checking if the music had been properly licensed before sending copyright notices. This is quite ballsy of them, as I’m pretty sure such a process does not exist (yet).

They finally told me that since I’m the author the system was getting “confused”. They didn’t provide a solution on how to “unconfuse” the system though.

My impression with this back and forth with them, was that they either didn’t know what they were talking about, or more likely were not at liberty to reveal how the ContentID system works.

1 Like

Hi my friend,

I wish you a Happy New Year with a lot of luck, health, and success!

Thanks very much for your answer.

Yes, AdRev seems to be a bit strange not to say unprofessional. I thought the same. Why does AdRev show me foreign videos with just a few views, when these videos shouldn’t be considered?!

However, AdRev brings me some extra money due to a video with over 5 million clicks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgZ_urGdr4 That’s quite nice.
And I don’t have to pay for the service which means that it’s in their own interest to find these videos for earning money.

Happy New Year to you too! (sorry for my poor manners…) Wish you all the best for 2017 my friend :smiley:

I agree with you, despite its flaws AdRev is a great service for us authors. Awesome news for your 5 million view video! That could mean some significant money if the video was detected right away. :sunglasses:

1 Like