Question on Copyright issue

Does anybody know if I can register my video with the audio I purchased from Audio Jungle? All my videos are original.

I’m afraid my videos will get scrape and people will re-upload them as their own. All they have to do is rename the meta tag or cover my watermark with black borders. I know Facebook will block people from re-uploading content such as this, if I get them register. My concern is with the audio. Sorry I’m still a newbie when it comes to all of this.

Will I be able to register them or not?

Regards

Hello,

Do you mean register your videos at Facebook’s Rights Manager?

If you do so, then any other video that features the the same music track may be flagged, which would be bad, obviously.

I’m not familiar with Rights Manager interface, so I can’t tell you what’s the best way to deal with this, but you’ll somehow have to register the video without including the music.

1 Like

Hey PurpleFogSound,

I didn’t know about the Facebook Rights Manager tool. I’ve only use Audible Magic. I may give that a try, thanks!

Question - If someone upload my video but mute the audio and replace with their own will Facebook flag that as well?

Well, it looks like Audible Magic is already dealing with Facebook Rights Manager, so no need to do it yourself.

As for your last question, I’m really not familiar with how contentID works for video. So I don’t know if it’s using the audio only, or if there is some sort of image recognition system as well. Depending on which the answer will be completely different.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Facebook will match audio only. Since I don’t own the copyright, I shouldn’t register the audio from Audio Jungle, the audio might cause conflicts with other content suppliers that would have to be resolved outside of the Audible Magic system. I could upload my videos without the audio, but then there is no guarantee that my video will be protected. The only way to get around this is to buy the copyright audio and not the license.

Thanks