Quality standard for background or texture?

I’m new at envato and recently uploaded my two first items and got rejected, I got an email that stated that my item didn’t require the “quality standard”. And the FAQ is not clear about that and thas why I’m here looking for advice. But honestly it makes no sense, some similar items are not so good and the “quality team” admited them :roll_eyes:

EDIT
Final backgrounds are 5000x3000, 300dpi

first thing’s first - make it bigger, min 3 times bigger. Backgrounds are pretty nice but also keep in mind everything is change here every few months. Check @devotchkah profile on GR - backgrounds are 300DPI and Pixel Dimensions: 5656×5656 so they could be use almost everywhere. Size is important too.

if there is too many BGs like yours they can be rejected for this reason too - so maybe just open mind of yours and try make something what is unique…

treat those suggestions easy but try them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t mention it but actually my final backgrounds are 5000x3000 300dpi and thought it was enough. And yes I’m totally about what you say of too many BGs like mine and did a research and found not too much items like mine, that’s why I decided to give it a try but was rejected.

Anyways, once again thanks for your reply, I’ll keeo trying with my next items :slightly_smiling_face:

fair enough :slight_smile:

but I’ll tell you something more - many people ask here for advice… the truth is the begginning is the hardest - after you have 50 or 100 items here reviewers are little bit more friendly with your works - if you know what I mean. Best of luck and don’t even think to give up - after you have some ammount of items on the market you can quickly apply to be an author on elements -> which is really good for your earnings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yes I’ve notice how hard it is, but I’ve learned a few things from it and hope to have soon a good amount of items to keep growing on this. Thanks for your support :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

this is the most important advice I can give you, even if this looks like stupid :slight_smile:

I really appreciate it! :grinning:

1 Like