Purchase code verification on WordPress plugins

Hi,

I want to require puchase code verification in my WordPress plugins admin menu and restrict access to plugin menu before the purchase code is entered and verified. I have a few questions:

1. I need an item ID to verify that entered Envato license key is this for current item and not for my other item. The problem is that item ID will be granted after the item is approved on CodeCanyon, so how can I handle this?

2. What about Codecanyon item review team? How can they access the plugin menu and functionality if the plugin is requiring purchase code?

Thanks!

1 Like

Pretty sure you can’t entirely block access and only use that functionality to access additional features like demo content or auto updates etc.

@baileyherbert knows the most about this type of approach

Instead of using the ID, you can use the item’s name until it’s approved. That’s what I do.

With respect to the extent that you can restrict your item until users verify their purchase, I’m actually not sure.

I would agree with @charlie4282 – there used to be written rules stating CodeCanyon items cannot restrict access to items like that – but the guidelines in which those rules appeared suddenly vanished a couple years ago. I suggest that you ask support if this is okay before you move forward. If you do, please let us know what they say.

1 Like

Thanks. I contacted support and will let you know what they say.

1 Like

What did support say?

Here is the response I’ve got from support team:

In short, we do allow authors to provide a keygate, but we do not offer any custom solutions here and we only offer our API for you to do this.

See https://build.envato.com/

We include documentation e.g. https://build.envato.com/api#market_0_Buyer_Purchase but we don’t provide any advice or get involved in how you would integrate this.

Many authors have done this successfully so I would advise reaching out to other authors in the forums who can share how they have achieved this.

2 Likes