Public reviews and ratings

what’s not valid about it? those leaving reviews before April 28th weren’t warned / didn’t give Envato permission to use the reviews publicly… they could use them but they could also be liable to be sued if the buyer doesn’t want their review public.

It’s called common decency, if you rang me and didn’t tell me you were recording the conversation then I wouldn’t expect you to record it or publish it anywhere unless you ask for my permission.

4 Likes

Want a valid reason? How’s a couple of millions of dollars in lawsuits for breaking TOS signed when creating an account. Valid enough?

@andrewfreeman, there’s a small problem. When I go to my profile and click the reviews button, I no longer see on what item the review was given, so I see I got 5 stars, but I have no idea on what item. Can you bring the title back please? That was extremely useful! I don’t want to search through 100 items in case I get 1 star to try and figure out what item the customer purchased. This is imperative to be fixed!

Cheers

The thing here is displaying recent reviews from a few weeks ago may not reflect the rating better than taking at least the reviews from 6 months ago.

If Envato as company want to improve something, I think should be much better than this.

Be prepare for more new fake ratings :confused: to fill the empty space.

they really don’t have a choice as Envato made a mess up and didn’t put reviews public from the start … they can’t just turn them on when they want

1 Like

Exactly! That’s my point.

Yes, @andrewfreeman this is what I was talking about! Please fix this guys! It’s really painful to try to figure out what item got the rating when you have a larger portfolio. Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In case if Envato doesn’t fix it soon, you can click on review time (Eg: “8 days ago” in your screenshot) and the item name can be seen in breadcrumb.

2 Likes

Just share a real life experience from last week. One customer tries to install our theme in their server. They failed due to their server limitation. Upload limit small. Max post small. Once they open a ticket we send then theme installation video. After that, they just go and write a bad comment and give 1-star rating. :frowning:

Once i send him an email and show him the problem of the server he changes server and then we install the theme and prove theme there was no issue in the theme and import.

After that they change the rating :slight_smile:

We have to do this because we have many good rating but new system show one 2 rating one is 5 start and another is 1 start. So it will decrease our sale. :frowning:

So please send some kind of option to force give refund 1 start rating. some time competitor did this kind of work. We want to play fair.

3 Likes

I hope I could choose some old ratings to public. I have many good reviews :smiley:

@Enabled @shaikrilwan, thanks for reporting this. Should have a fix out tomorrow/Monday.

4 Likes

You know we love you, right? :smile: Thanks a tone @andrewfreeman! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my great experience with public Review and Rating

It will be not always good, some of crazy buyers buy a item for bad review and rating :worried:.
But most of the buyers are innocent :innocent:

3 Likes

Thanks @andrewfreeman for the fix on the reviews page! Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its very nice!

@andrewfreeman Hope to hear your official answer for my request soon. I have a customer who is leaving same review on regular basis, and it always appears on top of review list, this is something wrong.

@andrewfreeman Let’s say a buyer has left a glowing review with excellent comments and they did it before this newest change which makes reviews public, but after the change where an author was allowed a response to the reviewer.

What if the author uses their one opportunity to respond to the reviewer by requesting that they edit their review slightly so that it can be made public? If a reviewer makes an edit to their review (which I assume they can), would it then become a “new” review and be publicly viewable, or does it keep the original time stamp?

I just checked one of my items without being logged-in.

So I only see one 4 stars ratings, perhaps the latest one. It’s not fair. My item has in fact a couple of quite good reviews and many 5 stars.

If the reviews are public now, why not show all of them?? I really don’t understand the reason behind this…

1 Like

It will be publicly visible. Not sure if it’s meant to be that way though.

Of course this would be done with the reviewer knowing the whole point is to make their review public. Nothing deceptive.