Public reviews and ratings

Thank you!:))

One of reviewers is scottmoses5. The author’s name is scottmoses. Coincidence? :smirk:

2 Likes

Of course! :smiley:

I think it’s good update. I have one issue. One customer left 3 star rating (the only one less than 4 stars) to my theme. He said that theme have many bugs, some features not work, etc… Of course it works and all features are working correct. This customer just decide to not write to support. Maybe he installed theme incorrect or didn’t follow guide - I will never know it. I answered him that he should write to support, but nothing happens for 2 months already. Why?
I think he even not read it. Maybe author should have access to reviewer mail, or something. I don’t know how to solve this problem with current capabilities.

scottd83, scottmoses5… lol!

Only reviews that were left after April 28th will be displayed to customers.

What is the valid reason to do this? Display all!

This has been answered about 5 times now … scroll up and read! :slight_smile:

@andrewfreeman, what will happen if a customer puts in sensitive information, let’s say leaves a negative comment and leaves full details about the author or even a purchase code. How about adding a “flag review” comment, that will not hide it, and can only be used once per review, in case abuses appear. Would be really nasty to have a purchase code visible for 3-4 days until support replies and fixes that.

4 Likes

read-only API access to reviews please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Enabled,

I’ll have a chat with the team about this - thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes

Hi Dave,

We’d love to start adding things like this to the API. Just not sure it will happen in the short term. Thanks for the suggestion though - I’ll add it to our backlog.

3 Likes

@andrewfreeman

There’s no space between the “Open refund requests” and “Announcements”. Not so cool for a designer’s eye :sunglasses:

Also, Is it possible to add one more line with “Awaiting customer reply” or “Awaiting your reply”. So that we know what should click and what should not. it will be useful when there’s too many requests.

Hey Surjith,

We should have the spacing issue sorted by the weekend but might have to wait until next week for the dashboard notifications. What we’re building works slightly differently to what you suggested because a new comment doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the other parties turn to action. Therefore, we’re just identifying new requests and new comments. It should help authors see what’s changed at a glance.

1 Like

That’s awesome @andrewfreeman Exactly how we wanted.

Another problem is,

I’m getting many refund requests now. The main reason is “It was a mistaken Purchase” and they thought its “WordPress” theme.

So, previously, when Envato handled the refund, I’ll tell them if the customer already bought WordPress version, Allow refund for him.

But now, I have no option to check whether he bought WordPress because the WordPress item is provided by my Partners. Due to time zone differences, it will be hard to ping them each time to validate a WordPress purchase.

So, Do you have a solution for that?

In the Refund page footer, There’s a link with “You can view the customer’s purchase history for more details” Where I can see purchases of my item. So I think the best option would be to allow authors to see all purchases made by that user. or at least, last 5 purchases.

And last request, The <title> of refund page says “Website Templates & themes…”, Please rename to “Refund request for x…” Because we have a lot of Themeforest page is open on the browser, it’s hard to distinguish the refund page.

Thank you.

~Surjith

That’s a tough one Surjith. Feels like there could be an issue with privacy. I’ll have a think.

I’ll raise it with the team.

1 Like

@andrewfreeman

Any other solution you recommend for this case? may be a disclaimer when they raise the request? or a checkbox to allow them?

Not a technical solution just yet but I’m sure the customer will understand if you tell them that you need some time to verify their purchase with your partner.

1 Like

Many things that may give worse impact to author, more power to buyers are implemented in a very short time.
Public review, rating, refund,…along with long queued review time; it seems authors at Envato are in a very tough & stressful time.
I have been here for many years before, I very much remember the time when I just need to focus to create things, now we have to do marketing, advertisemnet, supports, refund, …maybe in the future we have to more things that we haven’t known yet.
Envato seems to be out of control (leakage of resource?!) and want us, authors to know "hey, you see how hard we have been to get 30-50% of item price). Hope I am wrong about this attitude.

One of my buyer, who purchased an html template nearly one year ago has submitted the refund request because it didn’t support IE8,9 while I clearly stated “Compatible Browsers IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge”.
And when I replied to him about that statement (still I have not decided to decline refund), I got a public 1 star rating without any comments.

@matthewcoxy Just like we allow author to reply to 123 star review, you should require buyer to give comment/reason why they rated so coz it show responsibility and credibility of the one who made that rating.

Get your provider to setup their own “purchase verification” PHP script on their server. Something that you can type a purchase code into and get a result back from the partners API call (or even get an api token from your partner and do it yourself).

Then to check if a customer has purchased your partners item you can just ask the customer for their purchase code.
Easy! And no delay waiting on the partner or support.

1 Like

Thanks.

You mean to ask Personal Token with the new build.envato.com right?

or the previous API still work?

I asked for a valid reason!
Anyway, thanks for trying :wink: