PSA - don't do business with Envato/ThemeForest

Hello everyone,

I bought a template on Themeforest for a site I was making. The performance was terrible to the point it was unusable. The admin console took 90 seconds per click. My hoster investigated and said it’s for sure the template. I bought a different template and it worked fine. I asked for a refund on the first template, and Envato just repeatedly asked me for ‘proof’ that the template was the problem etc. etc. They dicked me around for over three weeks.

Finally it came to a head and I charged back my credit card for the $22 for the first template.

Envato just sent me an email they have LOCKED MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT, including access to the other, more expensive template that I paid for ($60).

Don’t do business with Envato. Even if what you buy is total garbage, they will screw you.

Edit: Here are the specifics.

• July 22 - buy theme Smart — Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme by NiceThemes_
  • Do everything I know how to do to get it to work
  • July 26 - Refund request sent to author of Smart — Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme Email says if you don’t hear anything in FIVE DAYS to escalate to Envato.
  • July 28 - Purchase Avada | Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme because I want to get going on my project and I’m hearing nothing back on the other theme
  • [TWO WEEKS] August 9 - Escalate to Envato as I’ve not heard anything from seller.
    [ONE WEEK] August 15 - Envato finally responds to my ticket.
  • Back and forth ensues
  • August 17 - despite being given the history several times the agent plays dumb and asks if I tried to reach out to the seller, which as you recall, was the mandatory beginning of this whole process
  • August 18 - further back and forth, I get frustrated and give up.

Hi,

Account lock issue you can see this thread.
https://forums.envato.com/t/locked-envato-accounts-read-first/96819
There is discussion about Envato account locked.

At here(Envato Forum) we can’t help you out from your issue.Get in touch with Envato customer success they would like to assist you with an official answer.

Hope you understand.

Thanks!