Providing Bonus with each purchase?

Hi!

I am planing to provide a bonus PHP script to my customers, which i am not selling on CodeCanyon (Free with purchase only).

Do codecanyon allow this?

Thanks,

No it’s not allowed https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203039224-Item-Promotion-Guidelines

what if someone purchased the item and register at my site for support/sale purpose, can I offer them on my site? instead on codecanyon sale page?

Thanks,

Maybe but you should check with envato support to be sure.

Either way you definitely would not be able to mention it anywhere prior to them registering on your site

Okay! Messaging them right now!

Nope! That is definately not allowed! You are not allowed to give any bonus material or advertise any such material on your items or in the description. That includes freebies, gifts, small extras or anything of a sort. You are selling exactly what you show in then item title and description. This was discussed a few months ago in regards to “bonus plugins”

Imagine this. I’ll give every customer I have a bonus for their purchase. I have about 50 Themes just sitting on my PC. I’ll most certainly get an unfair rise in front of my competition as users would be purchasing for the freebies included.

You can give freebies on your blog, but don’t advertise them as bonuses for purchases, or gifts, don’t advertise them directly on your item or profile at all. That is strictly forbidden and you may end up in a heap of trouble! :slight_smile:

Wondering if @KingDog can confirm this! :slight_smile:

Correct. You can’t give incentives to purchase. Such as free files, installation etc.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks mate! Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

So its mean i can’t advertise bonus/free/freebie etc on codecanyon sale page, but I can show offer on my website/blog

P.S. Please confirm its allowed if I tell my potentioal clients about free gift with every purchase on my blog, but not on codecanyon?

Please confirm!

Thanks,

No. You are not allowed to do that. That is considered an incentive. And those are NOT allowed. You can post that on your blog, but not on your item page, your Envato profile, item comments, or other places that is or are Envato Sister Sites.

www.your_domain.com - Post whatever you wish
www.anything_related_to_envato.com - Not allowed to post anything that is defined as an incentive.

Exactly :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Hello guys, I am just jumping in into this conversation after almost 3 years. I would like to ask if what I read above has changed in the last period, because of what I see in the Item Promotion Guidelines: https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000470886-Item-Promotion-Guidelines

Where I can read:

Woah! It’s not OK to:

Advertise or promote on either your Envato item page(s), Envato profile page, or your own website any additional incentives for the purchase of your item

Can you confirm, please, if this is no longer allowed (and was allowed back in 2017)? @Enabled (sorry for tagging), I really wanted to find out clear info about this, I wanted to develop a plugin which would give some bonuses to customers based on purchase codes, built an MVP for it, and afterwards saw that this is not allowed and it would be against Envato policy. So should I scrap this project and move on?

Thank you a bunch for your time on this.

Glad to confirm. It’s NOT okay to provide any sort of bonus with your items. This will definitely be in place for the lifetime of authorships as incentives are dishonest competitive behaviour. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Ok, I just got something in my head again… sorry for insisting on this subject.

Would I be allowed to offer a bonus to any Envato customer, based on a valid purchase code for any Envato item (not just my items)?

Based on the Item Promotion Guidelines:

Advertise or promote on either your Envato item page(s), Envato profile page, or your own website any additional incentives for the purchase of your item beyond its functionality and the Envato Market Item Support policy

So Envato is prohibiting the bonuses only for my own items? If I would give out a bonus to any Envato customer, this would be ok? Please let me know if this is also in the no-no zone.

I really appreciated your time on this.

If it requires an Envato Purchase code that’s still based on Envato. You are not allowed to offer any sort of bonus to customers you get from Envato or using Envato methods of verification. I’m not upset you’re insisting on this I just have to pressure the point that if you do this, and you get caught (which you will in less than 2 days since authors regularly report these things, since their sales get shot down as well ) you will be permanently disabled with no second chances. Gaming the system is strictly and highly prohibited and frowned upon.

Do what everyone else does. Create a blog, don’t link it to anywhere on your item. Link your own website on your profile and that’s about it. Create a support forum and advertise promotions and what not there, but do not incentivise purchases or create bonus systems to get you extra sales. You will be disabled without notice mate.

Thank you again for clearing things up also on my second idea, really appreciated. I am abandoning the idea, no longer messing around with purchase codes, you saved me from much trouble, for which I am very grateful!

1 Like

Always a pleasure to help, and, a great idea to leave it be! Cheers mate! :slight_smile: