Provide smaller file decoding and also reduce the cost relative to what resolution the buyer chooses.

Hello! I have been selling video on VideoHive for over 5 years and still ask myself questions. Why do authors upload different resolutions of the same file as separate files?

I ask the Envato administration to provide for decoding of files to smaller degrees and also to reduce the cost as to what resolution the buyer chooses. Since it’s done on other stock sites.

For example, an author uploads a 4K video and costs $ 100. The site automatically forms FullHD and WEB resolutions with prices of 50% of 4K value and 30% of 4K WEB.

This will increase the choice for the buyer and your sales will increase.

I hope someone hears it! Thank you !

format, codec, resolution

1 Like

This is actually a great idea! Let me tag in @steve_lam, @KingDog, @BenLeong. They are the ones that can share this to the right folks!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

This is not a new idea. And since Envato does not bring it to life, then there are some reasons for this. It would be interesting to know what these reasons are :thinking:

This idea has several issues:

1. Automatic resize should be accurate, because in some cases it may also dramatically reduce quality.
  2. What should system do if a video has 2160x2160 size or any other random resolution (vertical or for wide screens)? It’s actual for motion graphics category.

1-2: I propose to start reducing the resolution in one step. Calculate in such a way that the beggars level is half the height and half the length of the original video. Because all video formats that record camcorders or phones are such that the height and width of the video are even numbers.

Example:
Original video:
4096 × 2160 - 100% of the cost
2048 × 1080 - (Size found by dividing 4096/2 = 2048; 2160/2 = 1080) - (Cost or allow to set by yourself, or automatically expose 50% of original cost)

Original video:
3840 × 2160 - 100% of the cost
1920 × 1080 - (Size found by dividing 3840/2 = 1920; 2160/2 = 1080) - (Cost or allow to set on your own, or automatically set 50% of original cost)

Original video:
2160 × 2160 - 100% of the cost
1080 × 1080 - (Size found by dividing 2160/2 = 1920; 2160/2 = 1080) - (Cost or allow to set by yourself, or automatically expose 50% of original cost)

and so on … for any video, you can accurately specify one 1/4 drop from the square.

1 Like