Protect your theme with - TLM (Theme License Manager) - Theme Purchase Code Verification, Redux Extension for WordPress

Hi Themeforest colleagues!

I’d like to introduce you extension for Redux framework TLM (Theme License Manager). This extension would save dozens or maybe even hundreds time than it cost.

Top reason 5 reasons why TLM:

1. Protect your themes from null sites

2. One license per 1 domain, this would force your theme lovers to buy additional licenses

3. Be informed who and where uses your theme (Envato username, purchase code, domain name, date, admin email address recorded in your database)

4. Easy to integrate into Redux framework.

5. Intuitive interface for users

Is this legal under envato’s buyers’ rights?

If trial period expired and user still hasn’t registered purchase code, all theme options become hidden until registration. No data lose, it is hidden with css

Self promotion in forum is not allowed.

yes, it is legal, many plugins works like that per example most popular plugin https://codecanyon.net/item/wp-cost-estimation-payment-forms-builder/7818230 works only if register.

Accordingly to Envato license term, 1 license might be use only in 1 domain. We must have a way to check it.

Also, codecanyon moderators accepted. I hope they know what is acceptable and what is not.

Last and not least. You can modify the code of the extension, and don’t hide theme options if you want.

Thank you for your comment. It is for theme authors, useful tool.

Interesting - I know there are other plugins which require registration to access certain features e.g. auto updates and so on including not just the one you linked above but also the biggest sliders, page builders and so on.

However these all still work regardless of users inserting their license code and are only restricting certain functionality to registered users, not the core functionality or to the extent it blocks the script or plugin working.

It sounds (unless I have this wrong) that yours goes further than this and actually prevents full use of the site rather than just preventing access to added functionality?

I could be wrong but have always understood it that all items had to function as intended without limitation either through forced registration, code encryption or otherwise. Hence why all of the big WP authors offer plugin auto installation, auto updates and so on via registration but only as long as it is voluntary rather than non-negotiable to use the item purchased.

Don’t get me wrong - I am all for preventing mis use, but I do wonder if the reviewer misunderstood the extent to which use is limited without registration.

I don’t do “client work” using envato products but on a slight side note, I have always wondered about this when it comes to those who do use themes etc. for paid projects. Again I am all for protecting authors’ work but from an agency perspective if we created a website for a client that was tracking, no matter how innocently, their admin email, domain, IP or otherwise without their knowledge and consent we could face astronomical legal implications.

Any commercial software, must work with registration. Theme is a commercial software despite open source code (non encrypted code).

Many buyers use one theme in many domains, and save from purchasing additional license, what is against Envato terms.

Without this feature the extension provide, how we can:

1. Protect themes from warez?
  2. How protect for multi-usage?
  3. How end customer may ensure that theme bought and set for him by webmaster is licensed?

Also as I mentioned above, the extension might be modified, by theme authors, they can not hide theme options, or so on.

The most popular plugin I mentioned above doesn’t work at all if not to enter purchase code, and there many other plugins which doesn’t work without entering purchase code. I believe Envato is ok with that, moreover it is in Envato interest.

I’m not saying it’s wrong - I am just saying pointing out both sides of the argument and clarifying exactly how many of these other items work.

Can suggest where the content is owned by the authors, not the marketplace and where registration is enforced for access?

For what it’s worth - it would be great for there to be clear and finite solution but if there was then I am sure envato would have implemented it by now, and I don’t think any author no matter how big would argue that unfortunately selling items in these types of environment means that there really is only so much anyone can do (authors or envato) about warez sites or exploitation.

I’ve seen various tactics over the years to protect items but unfortunately, if someone wants to get around them, then in most cases they find a way either by editing code or otherwise.

This is a extension of redux framework. Theme author may set it in desired way. Per example set 10000000 day trial period. So everything will work as it must be, except annoying popup jumping each time when custom enter in theme options panel. Visual composer license message is persistence too.

This extension doesn’t break anything, it just works as you set it.

Can you please as being moderator of this forum, ask Envato staff to answer in this topic?

I don’t work for envato so would be no different from you or anyone else opening a support ticket.

I agree with you that it comes down to how the item is used but in my mind me the issue is that it’s only useful authors who own create items for sale here I can still see potential problems around how they then choose to use or implement it.

Again we’re not arguing with you - we’re all for finding a solution to help with these problems but as we said:

• if a workable solution existed then surely it would have been actioned by now; and
  • if it exists then it should be very easy for someone to share another marketplace which does this, if for no other reason than envato being able to learn from it.

I’ve submitted a support ticket. Hopefully they will respond soon.

Amazing product.
I am already using it for my work - and I wish there was a php wrapper class also which we can use for those results.
It saves time instead of shitting and coding our own.

1 Like

When you use it and someone does not register - what functionality does it block? What are the limitations imposed by integrating this?

I have seen increase in sales, like crazy.
I know Layer Slider is also blocking a LOT of limitation, also for the users that are on Theme License and NOT buy their license. That means, a theme provider can not offer all the features even if they have a premium license.

I also know a famouse plugin ( menu creation ) blocks all it functionality from getting visible to front end.
So yea, as long as

1. We get more sales ( envato gets also )
  2. We get protected for our work ( noone of those nulled sites know how to code )

We are supposed to use any type of such tools.

1 Like

absolutely not, very easy to integrate, and intuitive for user. You can check the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxSpkqlfJs

We have been just unlocked 2 new badges because of the TLM extension. Evnato officials appreciated TLM.

Have no doubts to integrate this extension in your theme.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot mate for your Extension. I can confirm - excellent solution for protection. Added it here https://themeforest.net/item/knowhere-multipurpose-directory-wordpress-theme/20402773

1 Like

You are most welcome!