Producing and publishing commercial music

Hi, Friends. Are there any musicians among us who release commercial music? With further publication on Spotify and Apple Music. what are your successes? What label releases you? How do you promote? Share your experience!

1 Like

I’m giving it a try, but my expectations are very low. I’m keeping it simple and just releasing on bandcamp. Depending on the style of music maybe you can pick up listeners by releasing on spotify etc, but since they pay terribly I’m not in a hurry to put stuff on there. So just doing bandcamp, youtube videos and a bit of other social for promotion and that’s it really.

1 Like

I understand. Thanks for the answer. Can I get a link to your badcamp? Interesting to hear. As far as spotify and apple music goes… It takes hundreds of thousands of plays every month to make money from streaming. I guess.
I write music besides audio jungle. And I would like to promote it. But I don’t know how yet. I am studying this issue.

1 Like

I’m going to try contacting a couple of youtube channels. There’s one I like that could be a good fit, so you could get music used and credited in a popular channel.

With streaming I think the advantage can be for new people to hear your music, if you can get it on playlists or something like that.

Here’s my bandcamp - Music | Seventh Sun

Feel free to give me feedback on any aspect of it. Cheers!

1 Like

Interesting strategy. I think linking to YouTube channels makes sense.
Okay, I’ll definitely check out your bedcamp. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like