Problems with kerning Fontself, Fontlab

Hi, I created my first solid vector font (OTF) using Fontself for Photoshop but I have a problem with kerning. When I tested it in Word 2016 or Wordpad, the kerning doesn’t work. In Word when I highlight the text, right click on it and go to Font…, then Advanced Tab and tick “Kerning for fonts”, it works. But I cannot fix it in Wordpad as there is no such a feature. Also, if I was the customer who bought such a font, I wouldn’t be happy if I had to do this manually. I didn’t test it in any other text editor. The kerning works in Photoshop though.

Is it supposed to be like this or am I doing something wrong? I also tried to convert the font to ttf using Fontlab VI but that doesn’t change anything. When I open the font in Fontlab, it is displaying properly with all the kerning pairs but when I export it as a TTF, it’s the same as above.

I contacted support from Fontself Ltd and this was their answer: “Hi, so kerning and OpenType support are unfortunately not evenly supported across apps and operating systems.” Can anybody help please? This is really frustrating. I cannot find anything about this issue online.

This is what it looks like in Fontself

and
this is what happens in Word 2016