PrettyPhoto not showing the image in pop-up window???

Hey there,

I have a customer with a very weird issue: The prettyPhoto light box is showing up after clicking the image, but the actual image is not showing up in the pop-up. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

• I confirmed the URL to the image is correct.
  • I confirmed there are no conflicting scripts.

Have you included the js lines at the end of the document ?

Would help you more if you post a link

themolitor said

Hey there,

I have a customer with a very weird issue: The prettyPhoto light box is showing up after clicking the image, but the actual image is not showing up in the pop-up. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

• I confirmed the URL to the image is correct.
  • I confirmed there are no conflicting scripts.

He’s using wp 3.1 and the version of prettyPhoto is < 3.0… the new WP enqueues jquery 1.4.4 that breaks old versions of prettyPhoto.

Check these things :wink:

Parker

What a funky problem, eh? I can second what ParkerAndKent said, as I had the exact same problem as you. You just need to update prettyPhoto with your theme. The old one just isn’t compatible with the latest version of jQuery.

He's using wp 3.1 and the version of prettyPhoto is < 3.0... the new WP enqueues jquery 1.4.4 that breaks old versions of prettyPhoto.

I’m actually using the latest version of PrettyPhoto (3.0.1) and WordPress (3.1). Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback!

Being a little more specific…

EVERYTHING is working properly EXCEPT the image is not appearing within the “pp_full_res” div pop-up (created by PrettyPhoto).

If I right click the link, and open in new tab, the image is showing up like expected, which means the link isn’t broken and that the image is actually there.

Has anyone seen this before? So weird.

themolitor said

Being a little more specific…

EVERYTHING is working properly EXCEPT the image is not appearing within the “pp_full_res” div pop-up (created by PrettyPhoto).

If I right click the link, and open in new tab, the image is showing up like expected, which means the link isn’t broken and that the image is actually there.

Has anyone seen this before? So weird.

Is the image really big by chance? The other day I had a similar thing still happen after I updated prettyPhoto for one person, and my Firebug console was telling me something weird like prettyPhoto can’t calculate images size, and it ended up being because their image was like 3,500 pixles wide.

Is the image really big by chance?

That’s the first thing I thought of too. The image is indeed web optimized.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

After a few hours of troubleshooting, I decided to cut my losses and go with a different lightbox system.

Thanks for the help guys. I really do appreciate the effort!

Does the domain name has the word “custom” in it ?

Add this into functions.php

if( !is_admin()){
   wp_deregister_script('jquery');
   wp_register_script('jquery', ("http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js"), false, '');
   wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
}

Of course you should use jQuery in your theme this way

<?php wp_enqueue_script('jquery'); ?>

As other people mentioned old PrettyPhoto can’t work with jQuery 1.4.4

der said

Hi Der,

I know this thread is a few months old but we’re running into the same issue and the domain does indeed have the word “custom” in it.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Blessings.

der said

Der did have the answer the whole time!

ha I really wish he would have elaborated on that previously. It would have prevented a rather embarrassing exchange I just had with a buyer.

If anyone comes across this thread, there is a bug in some of the earlier prettyPhoto 3 versions where if you have “custom” in the URL of the image you’re linking to, it causes the image not to show up. The answer is to upgrade prettyPhoto.

Here’s some more info about the issue also:

http://forums.no-margin-for-errors.com/discussion/1101/bug-with-prettyphoto-3.0.1-_getfiletype-fails-to-detect-file-type/p1