Popular List should by Weekly Earnings, not Sales

ADP (Author Driven Pricing) is unfortunately another BAD decision from Envato. It seems they don’t attention to effect and negative side of their decisions.

We hope they don’t make ADP for videohive.

If they apply ADP to videohive too some authors will change their prices to very low amount (for example authors from Third World Countries), And so what will happen ?! Other authors will lose lots of their sales and income.

So we think ADP is one of the worst Envato decisions !!!
We hope they think a little more before they invent another creative changes !!!

We thought about this issue as well in the case of ThemeForest and you should know it was not the case. Authors did lower the prices but sales didn’t increase as exponentially as you’d think. In fact, they’re quite constant, because low prices tend to induce a sense of low quality. And this is an actual statistic.

Anyway, I’d like to stop the conversation about ADP here, since talking about actual prices and trying to impose limits is illegal. (usually these conversations steer that way, so I mentioned this just so you guys stay clear of pricing / limits conversations ) Cheers! :slight_smile:

Customers are always looking for lower prices, and this is a truth that you must be aware of it.

Marketplace statistics show differently, so I’m not going to argue with anyone on this matter. As I said, ADP is not a discussion to have on the forums.

And this is why. Let’s not highjack this thread.