Podcast Intro/Outro Music and Youtube

First my apologies as this is a similar question to others I’ve seen in the Forum, but I’ve yet to find a definitive answer. I have reviewed the License descriptions, but I hate to say I am still at a loss for which license to choose.

I am creating a weekly Podcast, and simply need about 30 seconds of a song for an intro/outro.

I’m doing in person interviews, so I will also put the same interview on Youtube.

I’ve found a song, but don’t understand which type of license I need to use?

Thanks for any guidance,

Luke

1 Like

Hi @Luked1421 :slight_smile:

If your videos can be classified as video series (al the episodes are correlated), the standard license will be your choice!

And here’s the quote from this FAQ:

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?
To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Hope it helps you!

Cheers

1 Like

There are various organizations that handle these type of licensing issues. Even Spotify have an agency in Sweden. Some podcast hosting companies also provide it as an additional service. Good luck. If you need more info etc DM me. info@timweedon.design

Hey AudioPopular, thank you for the feedback. One quick follow up. If I
take the same Video Interview that I’m uploading to Youtube and upload just
the audio to my Podcast on iTunes, is that same show considered covered?

Thanks

Hey Educpop1 I suppose that is some of the frustration. The idea that I
need to find an organization to deal with this type of license, when it
seems audio jungle is meant to serve these types of mediums.

I appreciate your insight and feedback though. Thanks

Did you sort the podcast issue ? I want music for intro outro too - I believe it would be one end product as part of a series - and I would have to pay new licence after 52 weeks , can anyone else confirm