Plugins Calling From WP Repository

Dear Bosses,
In my one page portfolio WP theme, I make the following plugins required via TGMPA. And they are called from WordPress Repository.

a. Redux Framework
b. CMB2

1. Is it right calling plugins from WordPress repository? Or, Should I make them bundled?
  2. Is there any issues arose making them required?

Thanks in advance for you time. :slight_smile:

All fine from WPrepo

1 Like

That means I can call theme from WP repository and I can make them required. Is it? @creativeGagency

Any plugin which includes the feature of theme like Redux will include the Options panel and CMB will include the page options etc. Needs to be called as required through TGM PA.

Please note you cannot bundle plugins anymore else you will get soft rejection.

But your theme should work properly when these plugins are not active. So make a check if plugin active or not

1 Like

Thank you so much @webfulcreations :slight_smile:

I have another plugin named Custom Post Plugin that I myself built for my one page portfolio WP theme. Without this plugin that one page theme is useless i.e., user must activate that plugin if he/she wants to use the theme as a one page site.

What about in that case? Required or recommended?

And thank you again for your kind comment. (Y)

Recommended.

You should to decide that required or recommended option.

Thank you both (y)

Any premiume or third party plugin or your own plugin should be hosted in your website live url, and included in theme via TGM PA, you cannot bundle any plugin in your theme.

Also the items like, Post types, taxanomy groups, Meta Fields, theme options all should be activated through Plugins, so if plugin is not activate they should not present in theme and theme should work properly as blog theme.

Please install theme and download WordPress’s unit test, and test each post and page if they are working properly. Without activating any plugin. i hope this makes it more clear for you now.

1 Like

@webfulcreations

Really I am so much confused with this things:

1. “Any premiume or third party plugin or your own plugin should be hosted in your website live url, and included in theme via TGM PA, you cannot bundle any plugin in your theme.”

But please have a look at this:
“When you have a helper plugin that registers CPT (Custom Post Type), custom taxonomies or incorporates other plugin territory functions, you need to zip it and keep inside your theme, and install that plugin from there when someone activates your theme. You can do it using TGMPA plugin activation library. Don’t put the plugin file without zipping inside your theme, or it will cause a soft rejection. Please also remember not to keep this plugin in a remote location and install from there cause that will also disqualify your theme from getting approved.”

And for this one:
“Also the items like, Post types, taxanomy groups, Meta Fields, theme options all should be activated through Plugins, so if plugin is not activate they should not present in theme and theme should work properly as blog theme.”

Look! I have Redux Framework required through TGM PA.

All of the options of my theme come from Redux Ramework.

When it is inactive, the theme works as blog. But as the options can not work, the theme shows PHP errors as undefined variable of the Redux Framework and some dynamic data is absent that looks awkward.

I don’t know how a theme will work properly without activating this sort of plugins that generate core features of the theme.

I am really confused.