Plugin Refunds

Envato’s refund policy states, in part, that a refund may be granted:

If an item doesn’t work the way it should and can’t easily be fixed you are entitled to a refund of the item. This includes situations where the item has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if you’d known about the problem in the first place. If the item can be fixed, then the author is required to do so promptly by updating the item otherwise you are entitled to a refund of that item.

So, if I buy a plugin from CodeCanyon, and there is a conflict with a plugin I already have installed, would that qualify me for a refund (provided the plugin author couldn’t find a solution)?

Can you please define “conflict” with a plugin? You mean the plugin itself or with another plugin?

Let’s say I purchase plugin “X” from Envato. I currently have plugin “Y” on my wordpress installation.

After installation, it turns out X doesn’t work as advertised. Through debugging, I discover if I disable Y, then X will work as marketed.

Contact Y and describe the issue. Either way, the error if it’s server side can be seen in your apache logs. Report the failure to the plugin developer.

Asking for a refund at this point is futile unless you report the above to the concerned author so that they can take responsibility.

Obviously just stating plugin x fails because I have y installed is not very helpful.

It’s really rare situation but you may not ask refund for this case

Thanks, everyone. This is purely a hypothetical. I haven’t made a purchase from Envato. But in the past two weeks I have twice purchased plugins where another plugin somehow prevents the other from working. In both cases, all developer blames the other plugin, nothing gets done, and I’m out $50 or so, which is a lot to me.

Here, items are being reviewed by Envato reviewer team before sale so I’m pretty sure you won’t have any issue with the extensions