Please tell me this is not a bad joke ( Fees and Taxes)

You wrote: “But still, apart from a few exceptions, you get 50% of the total price
which is comparable to most stock sites. Considerably better than some.”

And also considerably worse than on many other stock sites.

Well, I don’t know the rates on every site for every type of item… but I do know most of them on video and photography sites, and 50% is pretty generous. There’s one that pays 15%!

By the way, I’ve just seen the disclaimer that you’re adding to the top of the descriptions on your games. You’re more than welcome to add anything you want in your description (as long as it’s not breaking any laws or Envato terms of service, isn’t vulgar, and is truthful), but I don’t think you’re doing yourself any favours having it there.

At best, it’s going to cause confusion. At worst, it’s going to stop people from buying your item… and how many of them will hang around and come back when ADP is implemented?

Where I can fix my “tax id” from my profile envato? please help me thanks :slight_smile:

‘Settings’ and then ‘Tax Information’.

1 Like

I already find it, many thanks :slight_smile: regards.

@SpaceStockFootage other question, how many porcentage money wihtout envato if I sell a template .psd on themeforest? I already fix “id tax” I am from chile, if you don’t understand please say me thanks.

I know a few that are giving between 70% and 90% on a mobile apps and none of the apps are sold below $79, most of them are sold above $100, some even above $299. I think that’s more fair if you consider a tremendous effort that has been put into making a video game or an app.

Well that’s why author driven pricing is being brought in! Choose your own price.

But these $299 ones, I’d be surprised if they have hundreds of sales like some of the best sellers here. I could be wrong, but the amount of traffic Envato bring in, I’m happy to give them 41%. Or 50% when I first showed up.

please reply my question thanks.

I received an email notification about ADP, so I’m going to take advantage
of it, for sure, so what I wrote in the descriptions is very truthful :slight_smile:

I also think that pricing video games below simple apps is ridiculous,
because making games is way more complex than making apps, I’m a system
engineer so I’m saying that from experience,
but it tells me that it’s possible people who work on reviewing the items
don’t have a clue about complexity difference, since they probably never
made anything themselves. So, I’m definitely going to change the prices to
reflect the effort appropriately and more fairly.

Regards

It’s all in here…

You’ll need to know the buyer’s fee for your item, and that varies depending on what it is… but you should know that already from when you set the price.

1 Like

many thanks, it depends country :frowning:

and last question, I have information “tax id” same from my 2 account envato, it’s problem or not? I am promete not more new account envato.

I see what you’re saying but advising customers not to buy your games until they’re more expensive seems a bit strange. Buy now before the price goes up is usually the standard procedure.

And if apps are easier, then surely if you made apps rather than games, they’d take less time and you’d earn more money?

And I can assure you, after ten years of operating, the majority of people at Envato know what they’re doing. They may not be perfect, but they don’t just have a dartboard, or wheel of fortune, with different dollar values on it when setting prices.

I wait your reply :slight_smile:

If you’re an individual then anything other than the same Tax ID’s would be pretty suspicious. So yeah, you should be using the same info.

1 Like

Woops, I accidentally replied directly to the email, instead of here. So here it is again:

I received an email notification about ADP, so I’m going to take
advantage of it, for sure, so what I wrote in the descriptions is very
truthful :slight_smile:

I also think that pricing video games below
simple apps is ridiculous, because making games is way more complex than
making apps, I’m a system engineer so I’m saying that from experience,
but it tells me that it’s possible people who work on reviewing the items
don’t have a clue about complexity difference, since they probably never
made anything themselves. So, I’m definitely going to change the prices
to reflect the effort appropriately and more fairly.

Replying to emails works, you can do that or post on the site.

Many thanks, :slight_smile: I ready have 2 accounts same information regards. :slight_smile: I already have id my country vertification :slight_smile:

bye

Exactly! I’m so happy Envato is bringing ADP. I don’t need to sell hundreds, I only need to sell 5 of $299 for effort to be paid off. I don’t mind making more and more, indefinitely, it’s what I like to do, but it does need to bring enough to keep me going. So, selling 100 for $14 is way worse than selling 5 for $299, because games will never be sold in hundreds, it’s very hard to re-skin the same game hundreds of times, you just run out of ideas and possibilities, it makes more sense that a same game will be resold up to 10 times than hundreds of times.

Of course $299 would be a game made in Unity for example, quality game, not a game made in Construct 2 or some HTML5 game engine or plain Javascript. But labeling the 2 of my games for $14 and $15 is just not realistic given the effort it took, that’s why I’m going to change those.