Please Help Stop 1 Star Rating Abuse (Game Plan Suggested)

Thanks for chipping in. Yes exactly buyers have sort of figured out how to game the system by blackmailing authors to get what they want.

We actually created a policy and clearly state “Any kind of extortion or blackmailing or threatening prior or after posting a negative review, in return for any of the following…”

https://docs.listingprowp.com/knowledgebase/whats-included-in-item-support/

Feel free to copy and create a policy of your own if you want. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gentlemen of envato this is simple, some types of qualifications should disappear. why? Because it is not acceptable to qualify with 1 star for bad quality design; when the professionals of envato have reviewed this article, and have already verified that it is a quality product if they were not in Envato. This type of qualifications is an insult from customers who only know “Hello World” in html or php. it is an insult to knowledge and to the work and quality reviewers of Envato and of us the Authors.

The point that I would like to add is that ratings should be allowed only if the clients are asking for help, they can solve their problem and they can prove it, and show them these links so that they know in which cases they can speak and not.

What’s included in item support

What’s not included in item support

I remember a client called me a star without asking for help and asked for a refund and he wrote me to return the money. My answer was blunt: You broke my image and I keep your money, and all for not asking me for help. in the next message he told me if you do not give me back my money you have to show me, I said with pleasure, but first change that 1 star by 5. He did it !. Among our conversations he replied that he had no knowledge of the system, that is, he was new to this. At the end in 10 minutes of Teamviewer I showed him how easy it was. Now he is a loyal customer and buys often.

In conclusion, those who qualify poorly are new who do not know how to use a CMS or modify HTML or CSS and worst of all do not know how Envato works; that’s why you should show them those links before qualifying so that they know why they are speaking and why not. The other group of bad qualifiers are the authors who use bad practices; for that, the option that could demonstrate that they have asked for help would be used; and if they can not prove, Envato simply dies those bad ratings.

regards

There are many sellers in this marketplace who do everything (install, data setup) for their buyers and this confuses the buyers as it changes their support expectations on their next purchase. This is a really disturbing trend on Envato and it has been there a long time. A huge majority of buyers on this marketplace are no longer interested in Product with support, they’re more interested in Support with product.
This is a demotivating factor for creative authors and it is one of the biggest reason of decline in quality items on this marketplace.

I don’t really mind doing some extra help because sometimes the customer is left in the limbo.

For example, before few months we had a customer using our plugin with a theme that caused problems loading scripts properly and breaking css like there is no tomorrow. After investigating what caused the problem we found out that the theme author didn’t really had front end plugins in mind when was building the theme and as Envato support rules dictate we told the customer to contact the theme author and fix their stuff.

Guess what, the theme author send him back to us with the explanation how this our fault (while no other customer have this problem reported).

Now at this point we could just told him that this is not our problem and probably get angry review and lose a client or just make him happy and fix that theme for him… as we did.

He is still our customer and very happy one too.

This is not really a single case and while people here talking about how Envato quality team approve the themes there are some that I have no idea how passed and while is not our job to fix them we are sometimes left with no choice.

I believe the Envato support system and rules are bit outdated to be honest…

There is really no need for all this yada yada. Unfair ratings have always been removed by the support team. All you need to do is contact them and show some proof. Sometimes, the review itself is enough proof of abuse.

If you read the following thread, this happened recently. This is also my experience and I’ve been here for a few years already.

1 Like

You can’t remove the buyer’s ability to rate a subjective aspect of the item, that’s just not fair. Yes, it’s been approved, but that doesn’t mean everyone must like it and think the design is worthy of five stars. ‘The Shape of You’ by Ed Sheeran was the number one selling track of 2017, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Yes that’s why i don’t buy the track :slight_smile:

Well yeah, but if you’ve already heard the track then there’s not much to it after that… you’re buying that track. The demo/preview video/images of an item should give a good idea of the item, but you can’t get a complete overview until you’ve bought it and start using it.

You are right there, that’s why we have free Try before buy demo :slight_smile:

I’m talking about the quality of the design (structure, rules of programming, usability, etc). those things that Envato professionals review very apart from appearance. If the client is going to buy a design with an appearance that he does not like better, he does not buy. to then not be qualifying with 1 star.

Yeah so was I.

Few days ago I received mail from a buyer that she had problems with the product she just bought I asked the client to go to our support website and to make new support ticket, Two days later I received one star review from that client she said no one answered her and she need refund I replied her review with a guide how to make new support ticket and how to make new refund request the client choosed to make new support ticket and she changed her review with 5 star review.
I want say some of these 1 star reviews could be turned to loyal customers but the point is don’t give reviews that big space they are just personal opinions at the end if someone want buy your product he will even if you have a lot of 1 star reviews and that type of clients is better than the one who buy your product because he read a lot of 5 star reviews.

This isn’t really true with regard to Audiojungle items. The demo preview provides potential buyers with the exact same experience as the purchased item, aside from the watermark.

1 star ratings are a complete joke anyway, no matter what the market[lace turn out to be … think about it … we are talking about a place where u have a “quality control” in other words, where supposed professionals controlling the work of other professionals and who approve their item, so declare them as professional and good quality enough for the things to be sold and sealed “quality” and some customers, sometimes who are not even part of the industry (desig, music, web or whatever) would declare the thing poor quality lol what a joke!

Replying rudely to your buying (advanced) customers who kindly ask for support could give you 1 star ratings. Like you said, bluntness. Ware are all people. It is about how you treat people.

Closed 5 year old thread.

Please open a new one if you want to discuss any topic.