Placeholder Images for Slideshows.

I will soon be submitting a slideshow style project that uses photos and videos rather as opposed to the usual logo stings I submit. I am at the stage where I need to swap out the current place-holder images I am using which I know for sure are not allowed to be included in the project file. My question is am I allowed to use watermarked photo-dune photos as previews or are all preview images restricted to the ones from the author asset library.

Cheers!

You can use watermarked previews.

I (and others) buy the images I need - for better resolution and to avoid having the extra watermark.

Photodune’s pretty reasonable! :slight_smile:

There are plenty of other stock sites too. And I quite like Wikimedia Commons too. Check out the Essential Resources For Authors thread, there’s some useful links.

Yes I just going to go ahead and purchase the full res versions of some photos I like then I think, I just wasn’t 100% sure if purchased photodune photos could be used in previews, I assume its a given that they can’t be included in the project zip?

No they can’t be included in the zip.

GrizzleFX said

Yes they can, if you buy extended licence.

EFEKT_Studio said
GrizzleFX said

Is there any link to free textures that can be included in the ZIP file ? thanks in advance.

motionpictors said
EFEKT_Studio said
GrizzleFX said

Is there any link to free textures that can be included in the ZIP file ? thanks in advance.

There are licences out there that appear to allow it, but I would avoid putting anything that someone is giving away for free in a VH download that is for sale.

You can see the dubious moral ground that it puts you on, effectively selling something originated by an author who gives it away for free. Even if you don’t give a damn about moral issues, it may put you in a dubious legal position too.

Thanks felt.everything now is clear.never put something for free in the main file.