Pixxy Child Theme

I have just purchased and installed the excellent Pixxy theme for Wordpress from Fox Themes and need to use the child theme that comes packaged along with the main theme. When I switch to the child theme the site becomes non-functional and displays an error message:

`Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'child_scripts' not found or invalid function name in C:\wamp64\www\IGNORETHIS\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 286`

Basically, the child_scripts method/function does not exist. Does anybody out there know if I am supposed to create this function or should it already exist? (I’m guessing it should already exist because the experience of having to deal with such an error out-of-the-box is a bit jarring and I can’t imagine such a good theme would require that!)

The best way to get the support is Contact your purchased Theme Author. Contact Author and let them know. Theme Author will be very happy to fix this.

Thanks

Many thanks - I just posted here in case anybody else had experienced this problem before.