Piano VST or plugin for corporates?

Hello, fine folk. Out of curioisty, I wanted to ask you about your preferred plugin/VST for corporate piano, either for chords or leads. Thank you for your answers.

Firebird palm muted guitar

2 Likes

Yeah, we all use that for leads. But what do you use for the piano chords?

Keyscape

3 Likes

Addictive Keys mostly, NI sometimes.

1 Like

The free piano from LAB. It has an interesting sound

2 Likes

I like “The Grandeur” the most, but in fact you can use whatever you like.

3 Likes

I also use Addictive Keys. But I sometimes have trouble getting rid of the mushiness in the sound.

2 Likes

Even though I have plenty other pianos, my biggest seller used the free version of Piano One. Go figure.

3 Likes

Happens all the time. Expensive doesn’t mean better. At least 50% of the time.

1 Like

I love Keyscape :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can browse on the Net for Grand Piano VST, which range from the cheapest to the more expensive ones, you can always get deals on them (20% off, etc) if you subscribe to their newsletter (for the future), you can look up Google for “free piano VST”, or you can get a master keyboard from Yamaha, they recently released really good stuff, 256 notes polyphony, comes in white and black, and has 4 diff. piano tones for the grand piano which are great to record as .WAV, directly from the keyboard. You can record live, or record the MIDI from the master keyboard, and then trigger the keyboard from the computer and record the actual sound of the keyboard through your soundcard (instead of using VST’s sound). That’s what I do. I record the sound of the actual piano from my keyboard, as my master keyboard (weighted keys) sounds excellent.

1 Like

The Addictive Keys upright is my go-to. I have Spitfire’s HZP and, while that one is phenomenal, the Addictive Keys upright just sounds so warm and natural to me. I find it very versatile.

1 Like

If you want to try out something a little different, try pianobook.
My personal favourite is https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/tatak-felt-piano/
(I made that one, its just my favourite cause it reminds me of home, haha)
But there is so much cool stuff on there to explore.
Best of all, all for FREE
Dan Keen’s Soft String Spurs are lovely for a bit of texture.

2 Likes

I use NI the gentleman or soundiron emotional piano.

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers!

Acoustica Pianissimo is lightweight and sounds great too, I use it for all sorts of styles.

-Nathan

I love Cinematic Piano from Keyscape too, but I´m counting the money to buy this one:
https://www.bechstein-digital.com/de/digital-grand/

I heard it live from a buddy and it´s miles away from anything I have heard so far.

1 Like

Morning,

Does anyone use NI Noire? Kinda have my eye on it.

-N

No, I hadn’t heard about it, but just had a listen to the previews and it sounds pretty decent. One of the better NI piano offerings, for sure.

I’m waiting for them to release Komplete Ultimate 13. Hopefully at not a huge update price, because Komplete Ultimate 12 is starting to feel quite “inkomplete”.

I use Bestservice - Galaxy Vintage D which I love for classical stuff. I think it could work well with corporate tracks too. It has some useful timbre controls.

1 Like