Photoshop EPS

Hi!

Is it possible to have a transparent background in eps files with photoshop.I tried everything but I cant really get the transparent background.Tried doing a clipping mask but I dont have any edges to cut,i just want to remove the background,but when I remove the background and when I save it as eps the background is white again.

Does anyone know the answer?Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Most vector formats implicitly support transparency because they simply avoid putting any objects at a given point. This includes EPS and WMF. For vector graphics this may not strictly be seen as transparency, but it requires much of the same careful programming as transparency in raster formats.

Thanks!

Having a transparency background in eps files is harder than I thought,I cant really find the answer :S

Any reason you’re saving an EPS from Photoshop?

TIFF will support transparencies and layers and works just fine for transparent backgrounds.

Most likely he is wanting to preserve the vector format, so he can submit to the vector catagory

What I want is a transparent Icon which seems to be imposible in eps format!

Tiff will still retain vector objects. There’s very little point to use EPS exporting in Photoshop really. It is still largely a raster program.

What I want is a transparent Icon which seems to be imposible in eps format!

The usual format for icons is .png with transparency enabled.