PhotoDune: Update & Next Steps

For those who try to create a job like me.
It is very cruel.
From now on I do not want to work with Envato.

1 Like

I thought this was a joke initially. Late April fools? Nup.

Iā€™ve earned thousands of dollars over the years from other micro agencies, yet all my images have been removed. See you, Photodune. I hope your reasons are as justified as they say they are.

1 Like

And one last thingā€¦ total PR fail here. What an absolute mess guys. Just look at your forum responses. I thought youā€™d do better.

2 Likes

Hello!I would like to receive my payout from Photodune even if i do not have the minimum of payment.Please sent the payment.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

As James outlined in his original forum post, here is how payouts will work for authors whose PhotoDune items have been deleted:

• Authors with items on other Envato marketplaces: Request a payout using the normal process.
  • Authors who only have items on PhotoDune with a balance over the minimum threshold: Request a payout using the normal process.
  • Authors who only have items on PhotoDune with a balance under the minimum threshold: We will email you later this week with more information about your final payment. In the meantime, please make sure your withdrawal account details are provided and up to date.

Thanks!

it would be honesty if you give my money NOW !!!

1 Like

You know what , this is a joke, and i belive quality standard is not the reason , your servers or some other technical reasons , i can see what left , stuff that is not good , nobody does just wipe all database without even selecting images that sells , im glad that i didnt use my time to upload to videohive , Take care ! Pay my dollars and fix your servers !

1 Like

Good evening. Envato Theam.

My portfolio was removed from the market PhotoDune
How and when can I resubmit my new images for sale?
Or do I need to create a new account?

In advance thanks for the answer.

As soon as I received rude, robotic e-mail, I decided to go out. I have sent ticket (#723427) requesting deleting all my files from Photodune and closing account. It was long ago.

After many e-mails and forum posts, it seems it finally happened. I hope my files are not, and canā€™t be abused in any way. Iā€™ll ask Photodune to give me that in written. After that, I want to see my account closed.I am not satisfied because all this lasted for ages. It had to be done cleaner and faster.

For those who are thinking about to stay in spite of everything, Iā€™ll share part of Mr James Girouxā€™s e-mail, providing information:
ā€œAs far as reapplying goes, the way that works at the moment is that you register interest using the form (https://envato.formstack.com/forms/photodune_interest). Once we reopen uploading and start recruiting authors again, weā€™ll ask you to submit a new portfolio, based on our new guidelines for evaluation. Once approved, you will be given access to uploading and be able to start adding items to your portfolio again.ā€

Part of my answer:
"Regarding reapplying, according to your ideas, I canā€™t see any difference between old, kicked out members with account and badges, but without portfolio, and new authors starting from the very beginning. You want me to fill in a form to register interest, to wait in foyer for recruiting, to send new portfolio, and then, maybe, you will give me access to uploading? And all this for 0.14$ revenue per file? Sorry, that will not happenā€¦

I hope you understand my position better. Money is not my primary goal. I had some fun here, but not in a positive way, lately. Thank you for your invitation to apply to Photodune in the future, but I had very bad experience here and donā€™t want to repeat it. On the other hand, I have very good experience and excellent cooperation with many other photo stock agencies, and Iā€™ll stick to them in the future."

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY, SEE YOU SOMEWHERE!

1 Like

Really? Granted, nothing has been emailed yet.

Everybody knows that Photodune DOES NOT keep to their word.

Email? which email?
Later this week? Which week?
Information? What a joke!!!

Iā€™ve been quiet on this topic, but I have to state this:
I know my photos sucked. Technical quality was only decent. But I had - on good months - 1 sale per month, with portfolio of almost 1000 photos. :smiley:
Then I decided to start moving my photos to some other stock places. Of course they didnā€™t sell like hot cakes, but the had and still have decent sales. Constantly. That proved my theory about them not being too bad, but actually Envato not doing their job as good as expected.

I write this with no bad feelings. This is business. And each side in business makes choices they think are the best. We will see what future will bring for PhotoDune :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t want to seem rough, but parting with Envato Team looks quite disgustingly.
First: ā€œā€¦ we have now removed your items from PhotoDune.ā€ Amen! But I still see my images in the form of the preview to collections which I created. I can remove what was a collection, but why you havenā€™t removed the preview?
Secondly: ā€œā€¦ We would like to pay you your remaining balance in May 2017, however, as your earnings balance is below 20 of $ we are only able to pay you via PayPal.ā€. Oh, thanks! All previous payments I received Skrill into the account and I have no account in PayPal as PayPal doesnā€™t allow citizens of my country to receive payments. Not big it is money of 5.42 of $, but it will be enough to tell that now you are Swindlers Team!
I wish to Envato Team good health and long years!

I canā€™t believe that I am still waiting for closing accountā€¦ According to official procedure, I sent ticket / request more than 2 months ago. We exchanged several e-mails in meantime, I always asked the same: urgent closing my account. Photodune simply ignores my requests. What are you doing, whatā€™s your intention? You are making mistake after mistakeā€¦
I am not going to reapply, I am not going to re-upload my files, I am not going to sell with you. According to what I have seen so far, there is no future with you. Shut down my account, pleaseā€¦

Here is my very last, 8 days old ticket update, still without reply and without action, :

Your request (752071) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Apr 6, 03:09 AEST

Hey James, or Scott,

I donā€™t know who is in chargeā€¦
I think itā€™s high time we closed this case.
Iā€™d like you to confirm that my files are deleted and there is no possibility for abuse.
Then, please, close my Photodune account. It would be nice if you can confirm closing my account by e-mail.

Aleksandar

If you make it clear youā€™re happy to forfeit any money in your account, then Iā€™m assuming there shouldnā€™t be an issue with them shutting your account.

Nobody has to be happy to forfeit any money in account, everybody has to be paid until last cent. My situation is clear from the very beginning, your friends are wasting my time. Ten days without response and without action, very unprofessionalā€¦ I am assuming too there shouldnā€™t be an issue with your friends closing my account, but it is, somehowā€¦

1 Like

And everybody will be paid. I appreciate you want to get paid before everybody else, but youā€™ll get paid in May like everyone else. You were provided this linkā€¦

ā€¦about six weeks ago, where it cleary states that you canā€™t withdraw any money if your account is closed. So you can wait and get your money, or
Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s the option to forfeit your money so you can get it closed sooner.

Youā€™re entitled to your opinions and youā€™re welcome to feel however you want to feel about the situation, but I am curiousā€¦ whatā€™s the big deal with getting your account closed so fast? What difference does it make if itā€™s in a month, compared to today or tomorrow?

??? This is childish accusationā€¦ Mr Badges Collector, what are you talking about? I donā€™t want to be paid before everybody else, I closed money and files matter, only matter of closing the account remained; thanks to Mr Scott, it seems it is finally settled and my Photodune account is closed. At last, I am happy.

And youā€™ll stay curiousā€¦ I am also curious about your role in this situation.
Maybe the answer is in another question - why files deleting and closing account last for ages? Maybe Photodune doesnā€™t want empty shop and contributors on the exit door too quickly, until the dust settles? Who knows, I donā€™t care, itā€™s not my business now. Thank God, it seems Iā€™m outā€¦
My opinions and my filings about the situation are correct and adequate. Maybe you canā€™t believe, but it is possible to live and earn for living without kissing ass**s. Always on the chiefā€™s side, always representing his opinion - itā€™s not recipe for happy life. This is a recipe for slimy life (with some extra money, maybeā€¦)
Anyway, final conclusion:

• Photodune was very bad performing photo stock agency in comparison to many other stock agencies;
  • Some changes needed to be taken, but all this was handled in very bad, arrogant, insulting way;
  • Bad way in which the changes are carried out does not give me hope that the new Photodune will be better than the old one.
    Thatā€™s why Iā€™m not going to wait in foyer for recruiting and to start here from the very beginning. I had very bad experience here and donā€™t want to repeat it. On the other hand, I have very good experience and excellent cooperation with many other photo stock agencies, and Iā€™ll stick to them in the future.
    I hope this is my very last forum post; Iā€™m not going to visit Photodune except occasionally, just to check if my files and account were really deleted.
    Best wishes to everybody :slight_smile:
1 Like

Still no emails despite being told that I should receive email ā€œlater this weekā€ which was 13d ago