PhotoDune: Update & Next Steps

Very funny!
As other sites have at least 90% approve ratio - it’s strange hear it from third-rate marketplace…
Sales also like a site…

You sent me a letter in late November with an invitation to the “new world” - and now you have sent a letter, I do not deserve to be on your site - well … well … :frowning:

"Hi Oleg
As you may have seen from our recent posts on the forum, we have decided to disable the site to deplete stocks and send all traffic back PhotoDune. Your photos are still available for sale in PhotoDune and, of course, be seen in a new direction we are moving in the library PhotoDune.
Thank you for your participation and support of the project to drain reserves - reserves deplete the experiment was the driving force behind our thinking for photos through the elements and PhotoDune move forward, and we hope that you will join us in the exciting new world! "[details=Summary]image[/details]

In the same day I had a new “wonderful” badge that says me that one of my - not wanted - picture is a Photodune weekly bestsellers :joy: :joy: and then the insulting mail about my work and all the time that I have spent here with your terrible upload and keywording system. So I deleted all my items from graphicriver and 3dOcean too. The way you speak with your contributors is terrible, without respect for our work. You don’t respect the people that work for you - at all. You can make know your decision in a better way and not with a standard mail for everyone.

I’ll close my account as soon as possible and, of course, I don’t have a good feedback for evanto and I’ll never come back here.
I wait for my 16.65 dollars and then goodbye.

5 Likes

The same for me. I have a lot of “beautiful” badges but they don’t like my work…very nice.

Thank you guys!

2 Likes

Hi.
I understand your policy and in the last months I changed totally the way I upload my pictures to microstock market.
I am a contributor to other microstock sites and in the beginning I uploaded the same images to all the agencies (so I have some portfolio discrepancies in this phase).
Since you changed your policy I’m doing a very different work only for your site.
In fact I make a selection of the items that I upload to all agencies and send this selection only to photodune.
So in the last months I changed my uploading procedure to your site and I upload ONLY my best images to you.
So please I invite you to take a look at the last pictures I sent you because I think they meet your guidelines and then you can delete the pictures you don’t like that belong to my first phase of submission (until you changed the policy).

Thanks for your understanding.

Giovanni Gagliardi

James,

I have an important question: after the payout and closing the account could you provide an official document proving that ALL my works has been deleted from your database?
I mean that I would like your company take seriuosly this kicking off a contributor, and give me the ability to be sure about this point: all images must be deleted, no backup, no third parties copies, I have to be sure that everyithing is clean.

Waiting for an answer about this, thanks

8 Likes

+1 here +2 3 4 5 6 7 8 …and so on

well …seems no use

I love Photodune
I regret not being a good photographer.

No point making any kind of emotional plea or going off the rails with an angry comment, but in one word (ok three), ‘real classy mate’. Anyway, re: payments. I just checked that at least the PayPal request works even if the balance is under $50 (if you are one of the ‘lucky’ ones that are getting terminated). So, get in there people and get your money :joy: (says payments will be processed on the 15th March). Good luck to all us ‘undesirables’ going forward. :sunglasses:

Add on: not sure what is going on as the PayPal minimum for withdrawal on my account was just $5 and the payment request went through, but I checked with another contributor who has also been ‘terminated’ but their limit is still at $50. So, best is to go and check what your own account says. If it’s the $5 then rip your funds out of there.

Well! I am not a great microstock photographer, but my overall earnings for 2 years from shutterstock are 1349 dollars and 60 dollars from Photodune. No regret you delete my account envato, but thank you for extra time so I can focus on better agencies.

2 Likes

Shocking news! But I am not much of a photographer. Now I am just waiting when Envato will start sweeping VideoHive and ban all users who do not have 1000+ sales in a month …

I really underestimated you when you said half year ago I think , that you will fix long time review on videohive ( which is 3 months now) . So I see you really worked so hard. And the best result you find it’s to remove photodune’s portofilos . See how absurd you really are? Yes, I know the review team from photodune it’s different from videohive but I don’t care! You are concentrating for other unuseful stuff right now. You hurt the hand that fed you. You are not the hand , we are! We should all move to other markets … just to let them see that if the crowd is smart they will never possible manipulate it.

I just hope that when photodune will sink …someone will be held responsible for this genius idea ,till then i’ll be sitting …watching …and laughing

2 Likes

I won, I left you two years ago… Photopunish… there was it a VAT case!

1 Like

It’s funny the same day I make a sale on one of my photos (quite unlikely with the price increase) I’m told I don’t meet the minimum requirements. At least one last customer thought my photo was good enough for their project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same Dear John Letter, Oh well, never sold that many on here but that was because very early on I decided it was not worth it…

Luckily my photo business is going very well thank you outside of you small shop window. I’ll stick to that.

7 years of membership and this site seems to get worse all the time…

It is also funny that all our images were ok for you to make money off once!

1 Like