(Petition to Envato) Update Author Fees

i really do agree with this, in this case, at this time, u get just a refund of author fees once, but when u think about it , u help someone to get to discover and the marketplace and this person may buy tons of items afterwards , thus, if so, this is a low “compensation” that the system is giving at this time …

as for me , what i fail to understand is how some websites, reported by many guys, can continue their activity as if nothing had happened when lots of authors have denounced the infringement of sometimes hundreds or thousands of items …

besides, what is incredible is that this place which is community oriented is not allowing someone to report the infringement of another author’s rights … that doesnt’ sound too much of a community thing. the reason for that is that people suggest that u dont know if the other guy has put his work for free download … is really someone interested in putting an item for sale here and trying to give for free download on a website ? i personally do not think so …

once i told a friend to mine that he was cheated by a website , guess what they had a counter for sales there and believe it or not, the combination of all his items were making approximately 400 sales! (if he had had in GR , at the tile , he would have collected more than 1200$ …) so hard to say there’s no impact for some guys …

oh u speak french now? lol kidding lol

Wee, parlay vu French trez bon.

3 Likes

oh ok lol u still need to practice a bit more, especially the spelling lol kidding lol

in fct , close but no cigar lol kidding lol

Gross -----|Taxes -----|Fees -----|Net earnings

• $8.00 —| - $2.24—| - $3.01—|$2.75

:scream::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Bad idea. Everyone will be trying to undercut their competitors and we’ll see all marketplaces be full of $1 items in few days.

No, its not.

First, there should be some limits on how high or low specific categories should be priced.

Second, people buy what they like or need, not because its 1$ cheaper.

1 Like

I definetely agree! The fees are ridiculous and besides if there are any extra taxes added, why envato do not share them with the author if they take 50% ! I’m EU based and I wish not to pay anything to the US cause i do not deal with them, I’m EU selling to AU company so where the heck US comes in? When i buy from us I pay tax not the US seller !!!

Anyway, Envato is the biggest market, users know it and Envato know it and they also know there’s pretty much nowhere to go instead so they don’t care, there’s not a single penny they lost on it!

Before i could manage to have a 50 - 100 withdraw monthly, not much, but always, now i’m selling similar amounts and not even reached the limit of 50 withdrawal for the past month! I’m veeeeery frustrated with that !!!

Just to clarify a few things… it’s income tax, which is why the buyer doesn’t pay it and why Envato don’t pay it. Envato have their own corporation tax to worry about, and buyers have VAT to worry about as you’re an EU author. For it to be fair, if Envato was to share your income tax liabilities, then you’d have to share their corporation tax liability.

As for selling to an AU company… you’re not selling your items to Australia, you’re selling them to buyers from around the world, some of them in the US and some of them in AUS. If all of your buyers were fromn AUS then you wouldn’t have an taxes withheld, after filling in a W8.

1 Like

Yep, I’m in the game! One voice more.

Hummm yes but…50/50% share? What about efforts in creating item to give 50% income from it?Isn’t that supoused to be an Envato income to resolve their taxes?Yes, that is their earning…The problem here is that we pay tax for THEIR share…As we give them 50% of our earnings.

What I do, when i make a purchase and the product does not work i ask for a refund, if a refund is not given in a timely manner. I file a dispute with my credit card issuer plain and simple. This is called a Chargeback
99.5% of the time you will get your money back, and the merchant will get fined about $25-50 dollars.
I got 18 chargebacks last year from hosting companies and merchants who sell a bad product. Capital One will give you your money back right away. Always give the Merchant a time frame a least 3-4 days to respond. More than 5 days is not acceptable. There products should work like new i.e Templates should be up to date with no bugs and plugins also, if you encounter a bug let the support team know, if not fixed. You can almost…Get a chargeback for receiving a bad product.

hi my friend , the problem is that when we put all two on two together that authors are sometimes getting less money than all others , which is trouble making … this is the real problem in the end … not to mention that this is far from being providing some guys with high motivation (which is not difficult to understand). Fees are unfortunately really heavy and as for the issue that u mentioned i tend to agree with u … the problem is that as soon as company grow really big they always become more demanding money wise, probably due to a share holder system of some sort of we all know how this system is choking companies , as they always ask for much more year after year

for me what u are saying is a shame in / for the digital world … the fact of the matter is that if u follow what some guys are saying the item will never be good enough or worth the price (because they have to pay in the first place and would rather have guys working for free) and as soon as the item is not absolutely perfect they will do the kind of thing that u are mentioning and it will also result in many of us having items given for free in some pirate websites and getting cheated all the way. let"s face it this is a digital product marketplace here , once u have downloaded the item , all is gone. We can dream on but ii cannot even imagine that the person does not use the concerned product even if they ask for a refund and that the good is supposedly not good enough if u know what i mean. it is like u were buying a shirt in a shop that u were wearing it for several years and tried to bring it back to the shop afterwards and ask for a refund, it makes no sense at all and there is no respect or whatever for the people who worked hard to upload here and ear their living

Nearly everyday someone asks the same subject…
It is annoying for authors…
I think envato team will make it better…

i see the point that u are making , for me what is disturbing is that lots of the latest additions and be things being adopted are not that author oriented and this is hard to swallow for lots of guys who have to owkr very hard to make decent (pocket) money here. Indeed , i do not completely agree with u as Envato is doing some things , they have to pay for some servers, probably some Seo (even f we have to try to promote our own items also), not mention the reviewing process and the hiring of some guys for this and i believe this is legitimate that they have their share. Now the problem is that the share is huge and that they have the highest fees of all and, thus, authors , especially non exclusive ones, end up being the guys who get the less on each sale which is kind of difficult for sone guys to accept obviously …

Envato is stealing from us hard, we are paying their taxes, this kind of thief should be illegal. Envato please stop being such a greedy thiefs and pay your taxes.

We are doing the hard work and we only get crumbs this is higly humiliating, we authors should unite and make a marketplace with fair cuttings [Removed]