PDF in the zip - a discussion before making AJ Community Guide #4

Hi guys and girls! Let’s try to discuss about perfect pdf with the all necessary data which can be attached to zip file. After the discussion I will try to write another episode of my guide or maybe even create a pdf template.

So what do we need in a pdf? I propose:

• contact mail, AJ portfolio link, optional website / social media address, etc.
  • the proper broadcast license explainer/reminder. @PurpleFog, @MojoSoundtrack - I remember that someone made it already, do you know where we can find it?
  • cue sheet reminder, PRO data (writer, publisher, artist)
  • link to CID claims clearing form (I haven’t used them as a client but I suppose AdRev and Identifyy have those forms, right?)
  • links to Envato CID and PRO explainers (though I am not sure if it’s necessary)

It would be great if we could make some kind of auto-updating pdf or at least a pdf with an extra link to always up-to-date online text. This way we would not need to upload all zips again after every pdf update. It’s just a brainstorm idea, I have no idea how to make an auto-updating pdf :slight_smile:

I think that some short reminders should be included in the item description as well, e.g. in form of image but let’s deal with it in the future. An auto-updating image with one url would be great as well.

What do you think?

8 Likes

Great initiative!

Here is the Broadcast Explanation I made with @PurpleFog back in the days…

Here is the html code if anyone wants to copy it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp1utbib4bdyrhh/BroadcastLicense_Explanation.rtf?dl=0

I have been using this one for a year or so on all my item pages and I cannot tell if people are reading it or not, most of my Broadcast licenses have still been 1 Million, but my 2 latest have been 10 Million. So maybe someone is reading it.

7 Likes

I don’t think there is such a thing, unfortunately. That would be so awesome though. I have to update 200 tracks with a new pdf with links to Identifyy claim clearing form… would have loved not having to do that!

I love your initiative Krzysiek, I think it would be great if authors could get these pieces of information through in a formatted and efficient way.

I think it could get a bit crowded and not as readable if we put all this info into a single pdf file. I mean ContentID is a completely different thing from PROs, or broadcast licenses. Putting those topics together may be confusing to buyers, so maybe a set of pdfs would be the way to go?

And yes, both AdRev and Identifyy have an online form for clearing claims.

5 Likes

Very wise advice @RedOctopus !
I support your initiative. I think it would be right to create this instruction file and insert it somewhere near the watermark in Envato’s resources for authors AJ (for example, in “AudioJungle General File Preparation Guidelines”. So that every author can download and edit it (to change links, etc.) and upload to zip together with the item. Or together with a preview file (which is more logical) (which will notify the customer in advance about licenses and everything else).

1 Like

Thanks @RedOctopus :smiley:
I use a simple txt to with the cid information and some links. Now updating it with PRO info. I am doing it in google sheets, you can export as PDF from there

About the self updating thingy, the format of the file could be html and redirect the content to a website

Thanks for all your posts and initiatives :smiley:

1 Like