Payoneer, three months to have my money back ? seriously ?

For Last 2 years I’ve change 2 Payoneer Cards, mine both Envato accounts, other Payoneer Partners (affiliate companies ), US Payment Service, Paypal and Moneybookers are linked with Payoneer Card and I never, never, never ever had any issues with Payoneer.

For ATM failure don’t blame Payoneer :slight_smile:

ATM error with Payoneer funds retrieved happened to me several times. Most times the funds get back in my account a few hours after, but once I was not so lucky. The case is still not resolved, the bank said the ATM could not have charged me, this happened in March. Payoneer staff were responsive, and replied in less then 30 days as I recall. Eventually, I let it go as it was not worth it.

But yeah, be careful.

miseld said

this is not my first credit card and i never had to file a dispute to solve ATM issue even when happened in other countries. All i needed to do was a phone call to my bank and they solved in days, no matter where in the world the ATM was located.

90 days to get my credit back ? that’s a joke.

bitfade said
miseld said

this is not my first credit card and i never had to file a dispute to solve ATM issue even when happened in other countries. All i needed to do was a phone call to my bank and they solved in days, no matter where in the world the ATM was located.

90 days to get my credit back ? that’s a joke.

Have to agree. What likely happened is an erroneous “hold” went onto the account and it simply needs to be lifted. And Payoneer should be able to accomplish that in less than 90 days.

wickedpixel said

Damn, that kinda stinks.

So they need to wait for the bank that holds the atm to send them a log/note and that will be used to whatever they need?

Isn’t this automated or something?

For an engineer, this is a simple sequencing problem to fix. For banks, not solving this can be one more way to exploit. ATM logics seems to be intentionally crap, while we are able to send rover to mars successfully.

ZoomIt said

But yeah, be careful.

Is there are way to check how much cash available in the ATM :smiley:

It doesn’t matter if the fault is from payoneer, mastercard, the bank where the atm is located or all them.

As a client you shouldn’t worry about this internal stuff. If problem happens the company where you are the client should resolve the issue without asking you for unnecessary steps.

As I see it right now they refuse to look into this problem till you legally obligate them (by raising a dispute)

SwiftIdeas said

Can I ask why you guys choose Payoneer over Swift transfer?

• Ed

Im living in a country where i can not open bank account because im not a citizen. In my original country they charge for the account by month and any kind of business only possible personally, so i had to close my account over there. im using Paypal, its also not an easy story with them. especially if you are living abroad. I wanted to get a payoneer card they said they are not sending the card to that country where i am living o.O ? Then i went to their website again and i see there is 2 adresses you can give. Even i can choose different country for the adresses. 1st is your official adress, the second one is the delivery adress. I said ok its clearly here i can do it. And guess what? The system is not accepting my adress. I have no idea whats the problem but i think they just have a shit system, a bug. Well, in this circumstances a bit weird to entrust my money on them.
And charge $1 if an ATM out of cash or any reason if the withdrawal is failed its more than unfair. Especially because their service is not cheap at all.

VF said

Is there are way to check how much cash available in the ATM :smiley:

Yes, 2 years ago i heard about 2 guys. They used a 4x4 truck and a strong chain for check in :smiley:

While it’s extremely rare, it’s possible for an ATM to malfunction and charge a credit/debit card for a transaction that did not go through. This is not specific to Payoneer in any way.

Payoneer takes such issues extremely seriously and will do everything that we can to have your funds returned as soon as possible. In order to have them returned, however, there is a certain procedure that must be followed.

As a fully regulated US company and Money Service Businesss, there are strict rules and regulations that we must follow. In this case, we must file an official dispute with MasterCard. They will then open an investigation with the bank, who will review the claim and respond accordingly.

90 days is the maximum time it can take for the dispute to process. It exists not because it takes Payoneer that long to file the dispute, but because official regulations require that the merchant in question (the bank) be given a minimum amount of time to review the dispute and respond.

It is not our intention to make you feel criminalized in any way, or to make you feel as if we are not taking the situation seriously. We simply have to follow a certain procedure in our to have your funds returned, and unfortunately it can take some time.

If you have any additional questions about the process, or would like me to look in to the status for you, please let me know.

Nissim | Payoneer Community Manager | payoneer.com

Hi Nissim,

Is it common that you aren’t able to eventually resolve these issues? Why not just credit the money back to the customer and then resolve the issue with the bank afterward? After all, the customer gave you his money in good faith, and you told him he could use any ATM to retrieve it. So why should he have his money frozen when the problem is really between you and the bank?

It’s extremely uncommon that the funds will not be returned by the bank, it’s just a matter of time for the dispute to be processed.

90 days is the maximum time for all disputes; in most cases it is much less. Especially when related to ATM malfunctions, it’s very likely that the dispute will be processed in much less time than 90 days.

CodingJack said

Hi Nissim,

Is it common that you aren’t able to eventually resolve these issues? Why not just credit the money back to the customer and then resolve the issue with the bank afterward? After all, the customer gave you his money in good faith, and you told him he could use any ATM to retrieve it. So why should he have his money frozen when the problem is really between you and the bank?

Payoneer is just a service reseller and you cannot expect it to do that.

This is just like most things that take time to process. When you file a dispute there is a method of doing so and you can’t expect results in hours; just like you may not expect your items to sell hundreds in few hours. It takes time and it seems that payoneer are on OP’s side :stuck_out_tongue:

As frustrating as it is, there is a due process for a reason, to make sure everybody is on the same page and so everything gets logged properly, so that if there are issues, they can see the log and check that everything went accordingly.

To answer myself: seriously. After 3 months, today i finally got my money back.

Achievement Unlocked.

I know Paypal has a bad rap but I think it depends on where you live. I’ve been using Paypal for years and have never had a bad experience. In fact, just the other day someone charged my debit card twice by accident. And usually those type of things take days or longer to get resolved with another bank, but one call to Paypal support and the money was back in my account.

This is about payoneer :smiley:

Thank you for updating. I’m glad to hear that the funds were returned.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist.

Nissim_Payoneer said

Especially when related to ATM malfunctions, it’s very likely that the dispute will be processed in much less time than 90 days.

ha ha ha ha ha ha

now that was funny :slight_smile:

bitfade said

To answer myself: seriously. After 3 months, today i finally got my money back.

you get your money in the account or cash in your hands?

because if first you still need to get them out and probabilities of getting those money blocked for another three months are pretty high.

An ATM error or malfunction would happen with any credit/debit card, it’s not related to Payoneer specifically.

That being said, it is still extremely rare for it to happen. When it does happen, in many cases the ATM will correct itself within a few days, however if not disputes take up to 90 days, depending on how quickly the issue is resolved with the bank.