Payoneer problem

I guess payoneer is having problems due to the Wirecard scandal.
I was not able to use my card today.
Anyone else is having the same issue?

2 Likes

I have the same issue today

1 Like

Everyone whos card was issued by Wirecard, aren’t able to use their card.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT TRY TO USE ATM, BECAUSE ATM DOESN’T GIVE BACK A CARD.

5 Likes

They say people can continue transferring payments from marketplaces to your payoneer account, however you’re stuck out of using your payoneer card.
I’ve tried withdrawing my funds from payoneer to bank account, so far it’s only errors I’m receiving.

The funny thing is, they haven’t notified me of any of this until the card was completely disabled. Just came from their forums, and it’s been ongoing for a while. No warnings issued!

2 Likes

If you login to your pre-paid cards section, click on your card, scroll down. This is what’s written under:

The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard® International Incorporated.WDCS is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (registration no. 900051). Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.

1 Like

Its the end of the month coming… Quickly change your payout method to paypal or skrill

2 Likes

skrill??

1 Like

My bad. Theres no more skrill. Its direct Telegraphic transfer now to your local bank.

I think it only affects users with cards on payoneer. Authors that uses payoneer to transfer their funds to local banks doesn’t need to change their payout method.

Hi Misel,

As you may have seen on the news, Wirecard AG filed for insolvency on Thursday. Your Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard® Card is issued by its subsidiary, Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (WCSL) in the UK. Today, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which regulates WCSL, issued [requirements on WCSL], freezing all prepaid card activity for the time being. We believe that cardholder funds are properly safeguarded and that the freeze will be temporary.

What does this mean?

The FCA has communicated that they have taken these measures with the primary objective of protecting the interests and money of Wirecard customers. Pending further actions from the FCA, you will temporarily be unable to withdraw the funds on your card, nor receive new payments onto your card.

Any funds that are in excess of the maximum balance of your card are held by Payoneer and are therefore not impacted by the FCA’s temporary freeze.

How can I get paid during this time?

**Any future payments that you receive from marketplaces, platforms and clients will not be affected by the freeze. You can sing in to view your funds, and you can now add your bank account for withdrawal of your future incoming payments.

We are actively working on offering additional options for you and your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we’ll update you with more information as soon as we have it.

Now this is official…

2 Likes

The question is : Will Payoneer issue another card in case of Wirecard insolvency?

Yes. Im the card user… :joy:

They say new payments will not be affected. we’ll be able to withdraw the balance to our local bank account. I’ll contact payoneer support on Monday to confirm. I hope this works and can stop the automatic transfer to debit card. But i guess we’ll see what happens.

it’s not working. New payments are also affected if you have card in Payoneer.

I think the best solution from Envato will be to hold this month payment to Envato Balance, for authors who don’t want to use another payment methods, then solve this issue, maybe add more payment options and next month pay all at once. Because this info was a big surprise to all authors.

4 Likes

The statement we’re likely to get is they’re aware of the situation and are actively working with Payoneer to ensure payments are delivered with no issues, and you should expect to be able to withdraw your money from Payoneer to your bank account.

1 Like