Payoneer is asking for my ID

Hey guys,

I’m trying to make a Payoneer card, and they’re asking for a copy of my ID or license driver. Most of my friends that use Payoneer never got that request, were any of you asked to send a copy of your ID card? I have another Payoneer card as well and I wasn;t asked for that when I had it done, so I’m wondering why am I being asked now?

Cheers,

Chris

Well I guess they are forced to do this, who knows what international laws are needed now (you know - prevent money laundering and so on).

cheers!
jayc

Payoneer, as a fully regulated US company, is required to comply with various online payment and prepaid card regulations. Among these is KYC - Know Your Customer.

When you submit a card application, it is reviewed by our account approvals department. There are many different factors of the application that are reviewed, and based on specific guidelines we may at times require that you submit additional information (such as a confirmation of the ID provided).

I can assure you that this information is used for the sole purpose of verifying your identity, and is not shared in any way. You are more than welcome to place a watermark on the ID if you’d like, just make sure that it does not block out any of the information on the ID.

You can read more about KYC regulations here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about Payoneer or the sign up process.

Nissim | Payoneer Community Manager | payoneer.com

Hi Nissim :slight_smile:

Watermarking the ID copy sounds great I’ll do that :slight_smile: Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Chris

wiseguys said

I’m trying to make a Payoneer card, and they’re asking for a copy of my ID or license driver. Most of my friends that use Payoneer never got that request, were any of you asked to send a copy of your ID card? I have another Payoneer card as well and I wasn;t asked for that when I had it done, so I’m wondering why am I being asked now?

The same for me, Payoneer is nice option, but when I start using it about 3 years ago it was much better than today. Now they ask your ID, you need to wait few days before loaded money become available, and they even can request the ID + front/back photo of a card from person that loaded your card!!! This is very uncomfortable for most of people.

I really don’t like the idea either, but as long as it’s not shared…

@Nissim: I tried contacting you via your profile, but unfortunately you’re not an author so I’m able to do that. Could you contact me via my profile please? I’d like to ask a few questions if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Chris

wiseguys said

@Nissim: I tried contacting you via your profile, but unfortunately you’re not an author so I’m able to do that. Could you contact me via my profile please? I’d like to ask a few questions if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Chris

Sent you a message.

Simple question - can that information be shared with the tax authorities of the cardholder country?

If the cardholder country is a country that Payoneer do business in, then they’re probably required by law to share financial information with authorities when they’re investigating crimes and the like. However, I’d be surprised if they share it without having been specifically asked for it.

That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

@Nissim_Payoneer hey, I am trying t upload my passport as my identification however it doesnt accept it. My passport has expired, does that has to do anything with it?