(!) Payoneer card and bank withdraw blocked (!)

Hi everyone. Following our ongoing updates on the current situation with Wirecard, we are happy to share that the UK Financial Conduct Authority has declared Wirecard can resume regulated activity at 00:01 on June 30, London time.

You can read the full update from the UK FCA in the link below. Please make sure to continue following our official media channels for updates in the coming hours on what this means for Payoneer customers, and what steps you can take to access the funds on your Payoneer cards.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

So i assume that we all can rest now and return to our regular activity.

3 Likes

Yes, but keep track of any updates to see if further steps are required on our behalf.

1 Like

Hi everyone, we're glad to announce that the FCA"s card freeze has been lifted. You will be able to use the card at an ATM, POS, or online. The additional features (withdraw to bank, make a payment) are unavailable until July 6. Thanks for staying with us through this.

— Payoneer (@Payoneer) June 29, 2020
3 Likes

4 Likes

As everyone has been reporting here, the FCA has lifted its freeze on Wirecard Card Solutions Limited as of 00.01 UK time on 30 June 2020.

This is a great result for Payoneer Card Users and we’re very happy to see that this situation has been resolved relatively quickly. Given this change, we will no longer be accepting hold requests but we will honor those that have been received.

We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments should anything change.

If you have any questions please feel free to open a ticket.

12 Likes

Recent update from Payoneer blog:
" Will I be able to access the funds on my card?

Yes, you’ll be able to withdraw the funds on your card from an ATM or spend them online and in-store . While you may wish to quickly withdraw your funds, the FCA has assured us that no further problems are expected.

• From 00:01 CET on Monday, July 6th , you will once again be able to withdraw your funds to your local bank account and use the Make a Payment and Manage Currencies services . Until then, we will waive ATM withdrawal fees.

Will I be able to receive new funds to my card?

All future payments will continue to be received to your Payoneer currency balance, not your card . Even though the FCA announced that the cards are safe to use, we will offer a new card issuer soon to ensure the long-term safety of your earnings."

So we have to wait next week Monday to withdraw to our local bank account.

1 Like

Ok, so it’s 01:40 UK already. I just came back from 4 different stores where I normally pay with my Payoneer card. It was rejected in all of them and bank withdrawals, as announced, are still blocked.

It’s all good news coming from Payoneer but the facts are that nothing has really changed, at least on my end.

As much as it bugs me, I’m still going with PayPal this month.

Is this like the final of the World Cup or what? :slight_smile: :soccer:

2 Likes

Mastercard is still to do some adjustments before ATM withdrawals are possible for all, which will take up to 24 hours. Some cards are already active and usable.
New payments will be received to your Payoneer balance, and not the card. Payoneer intends to produce new cards not issued by wirecard. So you should factor this in for next month.

3 Likes

I think yes! Make some tickets, I think that will not get worse :slight_smile:
And here’s the news: a few hours ago, the second transaction to my bank account was successful!

Nevertheless, I see that everything is still not in order :frowning: we probably need to wait until they unlock
2020-06-30_060905

3 Likes

That is big problems, Thanks for information

Great news James, thank you!

PayPal has been banned in Turkey. there were only “payoneer” and “swift”.

I think the only way seems to be “fast.” :frowning:

and the lowest payout is $ 500

So guys… Is it safe to withdraw to payoneer or not? I don’t really like paypal. Thoughts??

1 Like

I left my payout method as “Payoneer” (but I don’t use their card). So, let’s see what happen. Hope everything will be alright.

The freeze has been lifted. Payoneer cards should be back to normal in 24 hours according to Wirecard.
So everything seems to be back to normal.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but according to this recent post from Payoneer they will be replacing their card provider, which means that we’ll not be able to withdraw future payments via ATM until they find a new solution and send us new cards, right?

You are right. Just tried to use my Payoneer card mins ago. Still blocked and bank transfers still denied.