(!) Payoneer card and bank withdraw blocked (!)

Stay Calm people.

Payoneer is aware of the problem, Envato is aware of the problem… finally a lot (I mean a LOT) of people have problem with this…

lets wait few days and see what happens next.

3 Likes

Yeah… had ~7K on that card … so that does not help me much

If I would have known about the problem from the initial blog post I would have withdrawn

3 Likes

Shifting to paypal. For ease of mind…

We hope it’s not the case but the money on the cards themselves is likely gone:

‘The money’s gone’: Wirecard collapses owing $4 billion

Creditors have scant hope of getting back the 3.5 billion euros they are owed, sources familiar with the matter said. Of that total, Wirecard has borrowed 1.75 billion from 15 banks and issued 500 million in bonds.

“The money’s gone,” said one banker. “We may recoup a few euros in a couple of years but will write off the loan now.”

A reason why they may be freezing the cards as everyone wants to withdraw (resulting in a bank run), there is not enough liquid money.

If you have more than 10K at Payo, withdraw the rest to something like TransferWise and skip dealing with such shady companies in the future. Sad day for sure. Payo will likely get a new issuer and continue operations, but the money on the cards is no longer theirs, it’s Wirecard’s.

1 Like

I currently have around $1000 locked on my account.
For science i just loaded extra $114 from Patreon and trying to withdraw it to my local bank. Currnetly my bank is not able to get this $114.
It is not in pending transactions at my Payoneer account (so it should be at the balance).
But my balance on Payoneer is not updated… Will post updates

UPD1: I recommend everyone to switch to another payment method. Payoneer is currently not reliable! I am unable to withdraw funds to my local bank account that i loaded 30 minutes ago.

1 Like

Potential outcomes:
1- Service continuity using old cards (unlikely). Since the cards are tied to wirecard, the FCA will rely on the safeguards in place to help affected users, and thus will not consider some financial sorcery to restore original card functionality. Given that wirecard books are missing 2 Billion dollars. The possibility of allowing transactions from within this company is extremely minuscule.

2- service continuity using newer cards (more likely). We’ll have to wait on payoneer to make the required arrangements, and move their service to a new card issuer. If the halt in service does not impact payoneer iteslf, then funds will probably remain un-affected and will be transferred to newer cards when ready. This is equivalent to starting from scratch and might affect service availability, terms of service, and extend card issuance time.

3- service continuity without reimbursing users. I know we’ve been re-assured many times that “money is safe and secure”. But the facts remain that a- we did NOT receive warnings prior to denial of service which is the main trait of a shady organization. b- past promises to maintain card functionality were not kept.

This is why pushing everyone to Payoneer was the wrongest move from Envato. Deletion of Skrill, doubly so.

3 Likes

Withdrawal to bank account isn’t working for me and others.
Folks, I’d stay off the ATM machines until Payoneer issues an update that the cards are working again.

1 Like

Is it the end of the world? :frowning:

1 Like

Same for me! This is unacceptable guys! Such things started happens every 5-6 years, we work hard to earn our money on some high street bankers put our money at risk and lose them! These bankers are then fired with bonuses of millions of dollars (our money).

Envato needs to include crypto payment and other methods like TransferWise.

It is also unacceptable that we waste 350 USD / year in SWIFT transfers and much more with PayPal and Payoneer conversion fees.

5 Likes

They’ve been singing about the new financial crisis for a while. I doubt if Covid had anything to do with this, but it’s all up for speculations until it’s been cleared up.
Yes, everybody is insured. Either it’s Payoneer or Wirecard investors / bankers. Where did the $2 Billion go? I don’t know, but what i do know is i can’t access my own money.

It’s 2020. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Withdrawal from Envato to TransferWise works fine as they give you a unique US account number. Only downside is the Envato SWIFT fee but otherwise okay.

What do you think? Should I change to Paypal right now before next Envato payout or stay with Payoneer and wait until monday to see if I can withdraw to local bank account, which is what I used to do? :man_facepalming:

Some users on the Payoneer forums have said they can withdraw from Payoneer, but only their excess money that was not linked to any card (new money). Others say they couldn’t do that. Users who’ve never relied on cards (never linked a card) and mainly use their bank account for withdrawals are fairing better.
I think if you can afford to, you should use a different payment provider for this month.

I never used the card but money is linked to it. I’ve always made withdrawal to local bank account. I don’t know what to do…2020
sucks!! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

According to Payoneer’s last statement, they’re telling people to go ahead and receive payments as usual, and should expect to be able to withdraw to their bank accounts. So that any future payments you receive are not be linked to cards. Some confirm this, some are having issues withdrawing their excess money.

Keep in mind this comes after their last statement that cards will not be affected by the insolvency issue, of course as we know now this isn’t the case. The current situation is simply bigger than Payoneer and I’m guessing they’re using the weekend break to put together a plan for the future as well as writing a new update.

Yes, that’s why I want to wait until monday before making any move. Payoneer had good benefits (fees, etc). And all this situation is not Payoneer fault (I think). I’ll wait until monday to see what to do. Thanks for your opinions! :+1:

1 Like

Don’t worry folks, they have a backup plan , try looking to their
administrative structure, they definitly have what we call it ( Crisis Management Department ) which is responseble for globle and local crises like the following :-

1. Natural Crisis
  2. Technological Crisis
  3. Confrontation Crisis
  4. Crisis of Malevolence
  5. Crisis of Organizational Misdeeds :-
    a. Crisis of Skewed Management Values
    b. Crisis of Deception
    c. Crisis of Management Misconduct
  6. Crisis due to Workplace Violence
  7. Crisis Due to Rumours
  8. Bankruptcy
  9. Crisis Due to Natural Factors
  10. Sudden Crisis
  11. Smoldering Crisis
    Just we need to give them some time to manage the problem and give solutions as @Abdelrahman_El-masry said. I assume we need to wait some couples of weeks to see some results.
2 Likes

As far as I know, there is no direct money storage in the payoneer account like paypal and skrill, as soon as the fee comes, it is automatically sent to the defined bank account, am I wrong.