Paying taxes, 1042-S form Romania

Hi,

I know there are some topics about this but I just want to ask people to make sure everything is okay… I’d rather be safe than sorry.

I am from Romania, and a while ago I received a letter from Evanto talking about taxes. As far as I can see ,the form is 1099-MISC and just bellow it says “4. Federal income tax withheld $ 10.36”. I did some research and people said this is only to let me know about the taxes applied to my sales on Graphic River, and I don’t have to worry about it, except if I want to get some money back, in which case I have to go with this paper somewhere blah blah, but I don’t want that.

Anyway, today I received another letter from Envato, “Form 1042-S”. The main “title” or “header” on the top of the page is “Foreign Peron’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding”. A little bellow I can see “Federal tax Withheld 11.40”.

My question is: This kind of paper is just to inform me about the taxes that applied to my sales on Envato, or is this to let me know I have to pay taxes? I did some research and some say that this is just to inform me, at least that’s what I managed to found on Envato Market Help, but as I said, better safe than sorry.

I should also mention that in the same envelope (I don’t know if that’s what it’s called) I received three of these forms, all identical (exactly identical).

And one last question - if I do have to pay taxes, is there any way I can do it online, or do I have to go somewhere, like my bank?

Thank you for your time!

1 Like